$11 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Last 3 tables, would anyone fold?

S

Smee707

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG was opening 15% and touchmynuts was 3 betting a fair amount in position. Not only did I have AK so two blockers but I felt like touch my nuts couldnt call a 20bb shove against an UTG raise and 3b with anything below 1010. My only reason for thinking about a fold here is that 18th was a big pay jump from 155 to 300 and I had seen touchmynuts calling shoves with 66 upwards. I feel my shove is good seen as I would have a good amount of chips to be able to win if my AK wins and he folds a lot of the time but is his call correct?

Hold'em No Limit - Level XXIX (12500/25000) - 2013/09/08 22:28:24 ET
Table '821010647 125' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 2: touchmynuts1 (1471833 in chips)
Seat 3: Flow_Bambow (256656 in chips)
Seat 4: EpicEpicEpic (1072732 in chips)
Seat 5: Smee707 (502422 in chips)
Seat 7: BalticMoose (618838 in chips)
Seat 8: QcKimo (680147 in chips)
Seat 9: Varunklis (1027385 in chips)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Smee707 [Ac Kd]
QcKimo: raises 25000 to 50000
Varunklis: folds
touchmynuts1: raises 76000 to 126000
Flow_Bambow: folds
EpicEpicEpic: folds
Smee707: raises 372172 to 498172 and is all-in
BalticMoose: folds
QcKimo: folds
touchmynuts1: calls 372172
*** FLOP *** [Ks Kc 8c]
*** TURN *** [Ks Kc 8c] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [Ks Kc 8c Td] [9h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Smee707: shows [Ac Kd] (three of a kind, Kings)
touchmynuts1: shows [9c 9d] (a full house, Nines full of Kings)

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1101094 | Rake 0
Board [Ks Kc 8c Td 9h]
Seat 2: touchmynuts1 showed [9c 9d] and won (1101094) with a full house, Nines full of Kings
Seat 3: Flow_Bambow folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: EpicEpicEpic (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Smee707 (small blind) showed [Ac Kd] and lost with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 7: BalticMoose (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: QcKimo folded before Flop
Seat 9: Varunklis folded before Flop (didn't bet)

J

jackaoliver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Under 20 BB so it was a pretty standard shove, people will be playing tight at this stage of the tourny to try and reach final table. therofore "touchmynuts" can be 3b light to try and pressure people. therfore i like yur shove as you have fold equity and a double up will leave you in very good position to win the tournement or at least run very deap. Just a cooler, well played

valkopt

valkopt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under 20 BB so it was a pretty standard shove, people will be playing tight at this stage of the tourny to try and reach final table. therofore "touchmynuts" can be 3b light to try and pressure people. therfore i like yur shove as you have fold equity and a double up will leave you in very good position to win the tournement or at least run very deap. Just a cooler, well played

Also think it was well played. He has the chips to pressure the table and, if you win the pot, you double up and put yourself in the run to win.

But sucks that end :(

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'd assume that villain has already taken into consideration which 4bai he will be calling (once he's 3bet here).
I'm not sure how 'light' he'd be 3-betting here vs. a 27bb stack's raise from UTG... but I have no clue what the table dynamics were like... ie. UTG (is fairly well-known reg.) & I'm guessing they could be opening wider than what one might typically consider in this spot (but... who knows... you'd have a way better idea seeing as you were on the table).

Villain is getting 1.96 to 1, needing ~33% as far as +cEV goes.
vs. an uber tight 4bet shove range of TT+,AKo+ he's got 31%

There's also the consideration of > how will the gain in chips affect future play (or playability with stack size) vs. losing 20bb's here & dropping to a 35'ish' bb stack & what the advantage or disadvantage of this would be.

seems like a really standard shove here on 20bb's w AK... along with a standard call. 'nh'

S

Smee707

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think its a fold for the villain though? I guess he's priced in. Just miffed that I missed the bigger money by 3 places, $ started going up fast in places 18 and upward.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think its a fold for the villain though? I guess he's priced in. Just miffed that I missed the bigger money by 3 places, $ started going up fast in places 18 and upward.

First of all I agree with PO

On your 2nd question if he isn't planning on calling your shove , he probably wouldn't 3bet 99. So yes it is a call with 99 just a standard spot.

nh

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And on your 3rd hidden question, I think you better can go for the topprizes, so flipping here is great if you win you are in great shape.

K

kevbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard shove imo with 20BB, his call was also pretty standard with his stack size and getting almost 2:1 on a call.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard from both sides of the coin. Neither played it poorly but unfortunately you lost.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, it incredible how the villian was rivered. But I think it was not a bad call, I mean the villian had many chips to start pressuring the table, and dominate everyone, I think that if he had a low pp he would have called to see the flop, so if he had a pp it would be TT+ or maybe 99+ as this was the case. It was a coinflip, and thus you had FE, so it wasn't a bad move. Also, he could have call you with AQ maybe, depends on the information you have

Folding in Poker