$11 NLHE MTT: $ NLHE MTT: Short stack all in squeeze

R

Rajten

Enthusiast
Total posts
Hello,
No icm considerations. I have 21 bb and open JTs for 2bb from UTG, UTG 2 calls, UTG 3 calls, Cutoff raises all in for 5bb, folds, action back to me. What do you do with your bottom opening range? ISO all in, call or fold?

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Probably not even getting involved with this hand in the first place with that stack size.

Anyway, is this a bounty game or a freezeout?

What do you think the remaining 2 opponents would do if you called? Would they also call? Or would they jam to shut you out?

What do you think your opponents would do if you jammed? Would they fold? Would they have tendencies to call?

If you posted the actual hand history with the results removed you would get better opinions because all you've done is posted a vague hand history with many parts of vital information left out.

300HPGOD

Legend
Total posts
Awards
The stack sizes of UTG 2 and UTG 3 will play a big role in this decision. I would want to target a stack that would be just a little larger than mine but not overly large. If both players had about 27-35 BBs that I think is when I would be way more open to ripping. If they have a large stack then they can afford to lose and shorter stacks are more willing to gamble. Its the same principle as when you are attempting to steal the blinds. You should try to attack the medium stacks as they are weary of becoming a short stack yet still feel they have a good chance at success later in the tourney.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
As others have said, there are many important factors, you have left out. Just want to add, that I certainly dont think, we can assume, people only cold call weak hands against an UTG open, and that they are always going to fold, if we move in. There can certainly be some very strong hands in their ranges like AQ or JJ, which will beat you into the pot, if you move in. And even if they do fold, you still need to beat the all-in player at showdown, and if you are lucky, you might have 35-40% equity against him. So I would just fold and regret, that I opened this hand in the first place.

R

Rajten

Enthusiast
Total posts
Thank you for feedback. It is normal mtt, freezout, UTg 2 and 3 got slightly bigger stacks than me, sth like 30bb, utg 2 can be treacky, utg 3 not. Generally I think that traps aren't very plausible. What hands should I jam, call or fold. I think that I should be jamming most of my opening range in the same situation. Should I ever consider calling? I guess only when utg 2,3 are fishy.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
I dont think, I would do much calling here. The field callers are always calling as well, and then you are out of position multiway with less than a potsized bet left and someone already all-in. So I am either jamming or folding. Maybe jamming KJs+ or something like that.