$11 NLHE MTT: KK vs AA should I have flatted?

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 2395359
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t3915 78.30 BBs
SB: t8040 160.80 BBs
Hero (BB): t4225 84.50 BBs
UTG: t1841 36.82 BBs
UTG+1: t1475 29.50 BBs
UTG+2: t1445 28.90 BBs
MP1: t2744 54.88 BBs
MP2: t6490 129.80 BBs
CO: t2825 56.50 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is BB with K :spade: K :diamond:
UTG raises to t175, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls t175, 4 folds, SB raises to t422, Hero raises to t1000, 2 folds, SB raises to t8040 all in, Hero calls t3225 all in

Flop: (t8800) 2 :club: 6 :diamond: Q :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t8800) Q :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t8800) T :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Considering how much strength villains repping, should I consider flatting the squeeze? I don't think I can fold KK preflop even vs the shove, but I am hating life when he does since its still earl and we both have fairly deep stacks

zveri666

zveri666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The result would of been the same regardless. I think you made the right move!

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can profitably GII with KK against pretty much every single range. Without a read here that says "villain only does this with AA and 0 other hand combos" its a pretty straight forward call, and even if I have that read, I'm probably still not flatting.

It's really likely you ran into aces and are just feeling really crappy right now, but don't. It's just a cooler dude.

I'm really not a fan of flatting the squeeze

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blind vs. Blind I don't think you can ever give him too much credit for a monster that you're in trouble against.

So, what would be the rationale of flatting the suspected squeeze play? I feel his raise size is not big enough to get all the other players to fold, so you'll most likely be playing KK in a 3 or 4 way pot....yuck....

Would we flat so that we could get away on the flop if an A hits?...if that is your reasoning, then it is an OK plan as long as you're able to carry out the plan, but I think that is a kind of weak way to play KK....and wouldn't that suck if you let AJ or worse in there for cheap and then they suck out?

I think you played it great and it's just a cooler 99% of the time when KK runs into AA preflop...

same thing happened to me about an hour ago in a MTT.
1 raise, 1 caller, big stack "squeezes" from CO, Button flats the squeeze, I have KK in the SB so I jam....his "squeeze" was with AA. Oh well...I am 3rd in chips in the whole tourney and 2nd in chips at the table and I'm out. I'd shove again in a heartbeat....especially with so many other people interested in the hand you have to figure a couple of them are holding an Ace...

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you guys are right. Totally standard cooler here. flatting would be a bad play here.

Not really sure why I posted it at all, I must have been emotionally effected which is odd since I thought I was better than that. also maybe it's because its small blind who's raising a 4.3x utg open, which indicates a lot of strength but still never doing anything but trying to get a ton of money in the pot preflop with kings

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U can not fold here. Only 2 players a u have monster hand so u need call.
Cooler, it's hurts..

Maybe if there were more opponents u could think that someone had Aces...

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting is not worth considering. KK is way ahead of the other players' ranges, and you really don't want to dilute your equity by seeing the flop multi-way, which is the most likely scenario if you just call.

I also make it somewhat more than 1000, partly to discourage multiple callers and also to taking into consideration what my stack to pot ratio will be if I get one caller like I'm looking for. Also, I doubt that the range to call 1000 is much different than to call somewhat more, so I want to charge callers more.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems standard 2 me tbh.

Also fine with your sizing here.

WP ul.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting is not worth considering. KK is way ahead of the other players' ranges, and you really don't want to dilute your equity by seeing the flop multi-way, which is the most likely scenario if you just call.

I also make it somewhat more than 1000, partly to discourage multiple callers and also to taking into consideration what my stack to pot ratio will be if I get one caller like I'm looking for. Also, I doubt that the range to call 1000 is much different than to call somewhat more, so I want to charge callers more.

Both other stacks have these stacksizes.

Hero makes 1k which is 20BB do you really see both other players make a call here to a 4bet pre with these stacksizes?

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont be result oriented, dude.

Btw seems std played, here you might never flat cos you have OR still in and it's true you are going to under-rep but you maybe going to hate life playing allin vs 2.

readless I won't do anything different then jam but I dont hide myself saying that as deep as you are, in a slow (obv good) blinds structure (12-15m) mtt I would have accurately considered any read had before act (and avoid saying it's std cooler, you wont never ever fold KK preflop in an online mtt)

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both other stacks have these stacksizes.

Hero makes 1k which is 20BB do you really see both other players make a call here to a 4bet pre with these stacksizes?
Good point. It's not likely either will call. I think I still prefer making it more than 1000 though. Even if they both fold, which is the most likely scenario, I think I'm ahead enough vs. the SB's calling range to charge him more to continue. Plus I don't think making it 1200 or even a bit more will decrease his calling range much.

If he re-pops, making my 4bet a couple of hundred or a few hundred more won't matter since I'm getting it all in anyway.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We also have position on SB, but think we must agree that we disagree on the sizing in this spot :D