$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: PM #34 $15 GTD

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't have much of a read on my opponent besides that the big stacks were commonly min raising pre and their action various post flop. Was playing over 7 hours and was late for me at this point so i'm sure fatigue had a factor in this hand. Was this a good call?, I felt I had enough outs and didn't want to show fear but also feel as if I had blinders on and just didn't see the what should have been obvious. Oh. and this is poker maximus event #34 $15GTD with an $11 buy-in. Blinds 500/2500/5000.

poker1.png

Last edited:
Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded after that turn hit. I'm willing to pursue an open ended straight draw until the turn but if I miss the turn I get out and live to fight another day

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just no way I can call that shove. The flop MISSED - it MISSED!! The hand is just A high. It MISSED. It is nowhere near as good of a hand as it was preflop. You just can't call the shove here. Initiate the shove? Sure, but not call.

Too easy for villain to hold 78s or KQ or TJ or AJ or AT ot any number of blockers that screw up my outs count. That is not a dry board. You are farther behind than you realize.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling this everyday as played. You're getting the odds to call.

I check back the flop though.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some people call me the Space Cowboy. :cool:

So maybe I should have flat the pre bet instead of re-raising as I did?

I guess he opens from UTG? (sorry I am not to good in these HH from merge) Also don't see the BB.

You have about 33BB at start of the hand?

Last edited:
SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess he opens from UTG? (sorry I am not to good in these HH from merge) Also don't see the BB.

You have about 33BB at start of the hand?

Unfortunately I had to switch computers a couple of days ago and don't have the history anymore. Yes he was UTG and min raised for 10k (blinds 2500/5000) and I would say I had 33BB (sounds about right)

I would also have to say that since it was late for me that I had no reads and was most likely in some sort of auto pilot mode. At this point I had to be at work in 7 hours so I wasn't drinking any caffeine to stay focused.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So maybe I should have flat the pre bet instead of re-raising as I did?

For what it's worth - that's what Dan Harrington would do :rolleyes::D

BTW, you may need to come to terms on whether or not you might be overvaluing AQ.

SofaKingCrazy

SofaKingCrazy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For what it's worth - that's what Dan Harrington would do :rolleyes::D

BTW, you may need to come to terms on whether or not you might be overvaluing AQ.

Well maybe but what range are you going to put on a min raiser? We can't fold every hand.

I used poker stove for this one. :D

If I gave him credit for only playing 4.8% of hands, which is really eff'n tight by the way, I still had 32% equity on the flop. But more realistic is probably around 14% from a reg which bumps us to 39% equity.

If it was suited for my favor such as the nine being a club then I would most likely have had good odds to call then with almost 58% equity and that is where I think I over valued the AQ.

But as I said it was after midnight for me and had to be at work in the morning so I was tired after playing 7.5 hours.

Thx for the insight MB

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well maybe but what range are you going to put on a min raiser? We can't fold every hand.

With blinds+ante's, a completely standard range. Regs minraise at this level because stacks are shallower.

I used poker stove for this one. :D

If I gave him credit for only playing 4.8% of hands, which is really eff'n tight by the way,

It really isn't. From utg people's range will be v.tight.

I still had 32% equity on the flop. But more realistic is probably around 14% from a reg which bumps us to 39% equity.

Good regs aren't raising K9s utg. 3-betting AQ is alright if we think he's a loose passive fish who will raise peel with worse, but going all in on the flop is pretty -eV dude.

Last edited: