$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: to commit or not on the turn?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without Kd im check folding turn half heartedly :D
as played, i prefer check shoving the turn or just folding there, 1/3 pot turn bet looks more like a draw to me & i want them to pay more w/ their draw

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well look at what checking did, it kept an inferior hand in there to stack off. I really like the check-call line, especially with the king of diamonds.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without Kd you fold. But with it, you have way too much equity vs a limped hand to fold.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the opponent is a fish making the call in the pre-flop and confirms it by calling back on the turn, I think you played the hand very well, I think that even if you did not have the Kd it seemed obvious to me that the opponent was making a bluff with the diamonds trying to make you believe that he has the flush, the only thing I can tell you in this hand is NH

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with the Kd I think you have options on the turn. We really have nothing to fear and can happily get it in on most river cards (a Q is kinda bad, an A is kinda bad but probably still gotta look it up)

you can also lead turn for about third pot pot committing yourself to any outcome. or you can check call, or you can check shove.

I'm going to tend to keep barreling here so I'd probably bet turn for about 2,500 and then jam all rivers except Ac, Ah,As

if you don't have the Kd then I think we check call turn, and potentially check call river. the river is tough if we don't have a Kd.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-bet Turn with the plan 2 shove river, or check shove turn on his small bet.