$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Is this a shove?

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the final table. I'm in 6th place. Second or third hand and it's folded to me in the sb. I have 17bb, BB has me slightly covered. I have 77. Is this a shove given ICM considerations? Last place received $150, first is $1500.

Should he be calling with AQo in this spot? He's Scoopjackson9, a well known player who has won some big tournaments. We had no history playing so I guess he could assume i'm shoving much wider. But i've seen some of the best players fold AK in spots like this.

I shoved, snap called by AQo and I lost the flip. I feel I got unlucky for him to wake up with such a strong hand, but perhaps I could have raise/folded given the final table dynamics and the shorter stacks in order to make some more money.

Gahhh! So frustrating to get so close.

Last edited:
iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made the final table. I'm in 6th place. Second or third hand and it's folded to me in the sb. I have 17bb, BB has me slightly covered. I have 77. Is this a shove given ICM considerations? Last place received $150, first is $1500.

Should he be calling with AQo in this spot? He's Scoopjackson9, a well known player who has won some big tournaments. We had no history playing so I guess he could assume i'm shoving much wider. But i've seen some of the best players fold AK in spots like this.

I shoved, snap called by AQo and I lost the flip. I feel I got unlucky for him to wake up with such a strong hand, but perhaps I could have raise/folded given the final table dynamics and the shorter stacks in order to make some more money.

Gahhh! So frustrating to get so close.

Yeah but really flipping at best is kinda crap when u get called.i like limp call fold

F

faf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a fair shove for you, you put a lot of pressure on your opponent, and unless he has a better pocket pair, you most of the time flip if he makes the call. For him, I think it's also a fair call, you could shove wider in a situation of blind vs. blind, so AQ is a pretty good hand in this spot.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
77 is an easy shove.

They can call somewhat loose yet, even with you guys being close in chips.

As you I would shove like 60% of all hands, as them I would call like A7s+/A9o+/KJs+/KQo/66+

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
77 is an easy shove.

They can call somewhat loose yet, even with you guys being close in chips.

As you I would shove like 60% of all hands, as them I would call like A7s+/A9o+/KJs+/KQo/66+

Thanks Ryan. By the way I was watching you on the final two tables of the OSS event the Sunday, unlucky KO with AK! Would have been a nice score...

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s a great shove. Raise folding is the worst of your options.