$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: 33 vs C.O Raiser Facing River Shove

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Little info about the Game 30Minute Levels...Everyone Is Fairly Deep (Other then I:( )...(Do to a Bad Beat but W/E)....

So A little info about my Game Play, Since the levels are so Long I felt it was rather ok to Just wait for monster hands, and realistically only play great starting hands...Because of me not defending blinds, the table was aggressively attacking my blinds, but would Shut down When ever I entered the pot (Unless they too had a monster)...

So this player after being with him for Quite some time, I kinda Had him Pegged as a Lag...BTW he's also always attacking me from the C.O....So I get this hand...

Now I want you to put yourself in my ..Would Play the hand the way I did? Would you 4 bet pre, and Fold to a Jam? Would you Jam it yourself Preflop and hope for the best?

Also what is he repping on River, Could we call it?:confused:

poker stars $10+$1 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t150/t300 Blinds + t25 - 9 players - View hand 1401736
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: t13482 M = 19.97
BTN: t39853 M = 59.04
Hero (SB): t8320 M = 12.33
BB: t19924 M = 29.52
UTG: t5460 M = 8.09
UTG+1: t17722 M = 26.25
UTG+2: t18677 M = 27.67
MP1: t28396 M = 42.07
MP2: t32957 M = 48.83

Pre Flop: (t675) Hero is SB with 3 :club: 3 :heart:
5 folds, CO raises to t900, 1 fold, Hero calls t750, 1 fold

Flop: (t2325) 5 :heart: K :club: 2 :spade: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t1500, Hero calls t1500

Turn: (t5325) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (t5325) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets t6000, Hero?

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think a preflop shove is the play I'd make here. I could fold 3s, but since he's been working you, this is probably the spot to test him. By calling, you are essentially set mining, and not in a great place to do it, IMO

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling pre is probably bad unless you want to get super fancy postflop.

is this his standard sizing? ew

go-and-go or shove pre is standard

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I think a preflop shove is the play I'd make here. I could fold 3s, but since he's been working you, this is probably the spot to test him. By calling, you are essentially set mining, and not in a great place to do it, IMO

+1, I hate calling pre with small pairs here, just shove or fold pre.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
calling pre is probably bad unless you want to get super fancy postflop.

is this his standard sizing? ew

go-and-go or shove pre is standard

Ya That was his Standard Raising size (Pretty Big)...Others Depending on Position Some made it 4x:eek: ...Some Did 2.5x

I also Felt that I mean to Be honest I mean I Was on The boarder per say to Figure out Exactly what to do against this guy...I mean I know Had I shoved preflop He's Either got me dominated/Crushed with an Over Pair or it's a Race in which case I'm not really to fond of at this stage with this hand...At the Same time I know that he's would fold all worse B.S hands that can't really take the heat...But I Kinda Felt that I didn't want to Raise him Cuz I also knew he would Spaz out on missed flops...Also was weary of an over pair In case (I know it happens)...

I understand what your saying+What T was saying I'll take full Note to do exactly that move from now on with Baby Pairs btw:)

Last edited:
thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have either shoved or folded pre-flop. Maybe stop-go would have worked.

I doubt he really had anything since he checked the turn, seemed like he was just trying to buy the pot...but very hard to call in the position you was in on the river.

Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya That was his Standard Raising size (Pretty Big)...Others Depending on Position Some made it 4x:eek: ...Some Did 2.5x

Off topic, but I find 3X to be reasonable if the antes are more than the small blind. I get that 2.5 will often be enough for a fold, but I like to give people the opportunity to make mistakes, and generally, if someone holds overcards to me, 3X is what it takes to force a mistake in calling... am I out to lunch on this???

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just Curious Is the General Consensus that I Misplayed my hand? Would you not really want to play against players such as this in these spots for the Chance that they would more then likely be Spazing out (In General), against certain opponents, that they feel are weak, so there-fore could we not realistically take, certain passive lines against players like this In case they would be willing to spaz out?....

LOL Shufflin "Am out to lunch on this"

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just Curious Is the General Consensus that I Misplayed my hand? Would you not really want to play against players such as this in these spots for the Chance that they would more then likely be Spazing out (In General), against certain opponents, that they feel are weak, so there-fore could we not realistically take, certain passive lines against players like this In case they would be willing to spaz out?....

LOL Shufflin "Am out to lunch on this"

Unless you are willing to show some aggression postflop and actively try take this pot down, it seems to be throwing chips away. Check/Calling with 33 you are only beating two missed overcards, and you are giving him the opportunity to push you out of the pot or catch a flop, your odds of flopping a set do not warrant a call here. Shove preflop if you think he is raising light and will respect your reraise without a monster, Otherwise fold and look for a better spot.