$11 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $11usd NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: AQ is not the queen.

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say no. The guy before you raised, so he probably has a good hand, and even if AQo is good, I wouldn't shove with it without any information on the guy. Instead I would 3-bet or call, and see what comes after.
Plus the guy has more chips than you, so you are at risk if he calls, which makes it worse imo.

mst32ro

mst32ro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say no. The guy before you raised, so he probably has a good hand, and even if AQo is good, I wouldn't shove with it without any information on the guy. Instead I would 3-bet or call, and see what comes after.
Plus the guy has more chips than you, so you are at risk if he calls, which makes it worse imo.

If you 3-bet what is the proper sizing? 3X raiser bet?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes will shove with AQo, based on floattheturn App

F

FailX21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you 3-bet what is the proper sizing? 3X raiser bet?

Would say about x2/x3 of his bet, which is around half of your stack, so it's already a lot, this why I would hesitate between calling and raising.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfect, you dont have enough BBs to doing anything different here. Just be aware that the villan should not be folding on his stack either so both hands should turn up here looking good. This guy is opening KQ AJ (and should be calling off with) all that jazz (not just AK) so you played it perfect

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol @ above comments. This is a very basic spot and is a reshove unless you have special reasons to fold.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol @ above comments. This is a very basic spot and is a reshove unless you have special reasons to fold.

Exactly... I mean 3-betting 2-3 times his raise or whatever is ridiculous when you have <15BB
Clear shove, you got a bit unlucky that he happened to have a hand.

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have 14 BB, there is an open raise from the LJ who also has 14 BB. It folds to you on the BTN and you have :as4: :qd4:. Very tough spot. I lean toward a fold here because in my experience in these situations players with a stack of 10-15 BB open raise here with stronger hands like AA, KK, and AK and open shove all in with weaker holdings such as small to mid pairs. If Villain had open jammed, then I feel that it would be a call as he has more AQ, AJ, AT, KQ in his range. For me, clear fold

B

bkkblues99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard spot with a standard 3-bet shove. Unless you have very specific reads on the villain (with stats, not like which country he's from or something), your play was fine.