$11 NLHE MTT: Checking back top pair n A high board.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only played a few hand so no relevant stats. CO did iso limper last hand, original raiser is bad player so i figure he has a wide range. Not sure if I prefer flatting pre though, thoughts? otf I decide to check since it misses him so hard and hits me so hard. Although I c-bet anything that misses which makes me think I should be betting all made hands as well. River I also considered going for a c/r since villain can have a lot of two pair in his range and I'm repping only JJ/KK/AK/AA imo. Thought my hand is too strong to be getting fancy with though since TPTK is good most of the time so just went for v-bet. Would anyone advocate that play if I have say 67s since I have no SDV and villain should b/f a ton of rivers?

It's been a while since I've played deep which is why I have to post spots like this though.

PokerStars - $10+$1|10/20 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
MP: 5,557.00
MP+1: 4,990.00
CO: 5,140.00
BTN: 4,563.00
SB: 4,980.00
Hero (BB): 4,930.00
UTG: 5,000.00
UTG+1: 5,000.00
UTG+2: 4,840.00
SB posts SB 10.00, Hero posts BB 20.00
Pre Flop: (pot: 30.00) Hero has A:spade: Q:diamond:
fold, fold, fold, MP raises to 50.00, fold, CO raises to 121.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to 279.00, fold, CO calls 158.00
Flop: (618.00, 2 players) 2:heart: 7:spade: A:diamond:
Hero checks, CO checks
Turn: (618.00, 2 players) J:club:
Hero bets 234.00, CO calls 234.00
River: (1086.00, 2 players) K:spade:
Hero bets 404.00, CO calls 404.00

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm feeling impatient so gonna give it a bump...

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the hand is fine as played. Counting on villain to b/f top pair or something is not realistic, this is an $11 MTT we're talking about.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the hand is fine as played. Counting on villain to b/f top pair or something is not realistic, this is an $11 MTT we're talking about.
Even against a villain who is trying to iso weak players with position? Surely he has to be at least thinking what my range is. I thought that line should make villain fold anything that isn't better than two pair, maybe even bottom set, guess I'm being overly optimistic lol.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would prefer to flat pre and keep the weaker player and all of his Ax and Qx hands that we dominate in, plus its alot easier for us to play our hand 3way than it is for the 3bettor to play his range.as played id rather bet/check/bet its kind of a bad turn for your hand and it allows you to b/f c/c c/f or b/f c b/f since i dont expect him to turn his hand into a bluff when he calls flop in a 4bet pot, or will he bet worse for 3 streets in a 4bet pot pre ante

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would prefer to flat pre and keep the weaker player and all of his Ax and Qx hands that we dominate in, plus its alot easier for us to play our hand 3way than it is for the 3bettor to play his range.as played id rather bet/check/bet its kind of a bad turn for your hand and it allows you to b/f c/c c/f or b/f c b/f since i dont expect him to turn his hand into a bluff when he calls flop in a 4bet pot, or will he bet worse for 3 streets in a 4bet pot pre ante
Yea I think I prefer flatting pre, I get way too concerned about playing OOP without intiative though so I 3-bet/4-bet way too much.