$11 NLHE MTT Bounty: Bounty On-Demand 12 left

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think it is a good call? I ate all the time bank, I almost folded. There were 12 left is a Bounty 11usd On-demand, the blinds are very short, UTG I think premium hands never have and the doubt is the CO, I think 99+ does the same, AQs + too, I don't know how good the call with JJ is

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124OsJwSA

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its somewhat close but probably an ok call. CO will have a wider range than in a normal tournament, because he can win the bounty of UTG. There is also less value in hanging on as a short stack, because then you can not contend for bounties, which is half the price pool.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a good call. It is what it is. Many times I've seen jacks make the triple, much frequent than kings or aces. You did well, could have gone either way

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After someone overshoves the initial all in player, I'm folding JJ in that spot.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With over 20 BB going against 2 players who are all in and no fold equity I think this one is a tight fold. I dont like folding JJ either but you have to think what you are up against. Hard to think you are not up against at least two combined over cards at best and at worst up against 3 or more over cards and/or a bigger pair. I call here with QQ but that would be my cutoff with JJ being a nitty fold. If you had less blinds at or around 17 or less I would be going with it but at 23 BB and the action in front I fold it. Not a big blunder by any means to go with it as you did but in the long run I think it is better to fold there.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With over 20 BB going against 2 players who are all in and no fold equity I think this one is a tight fold. I dont like folding JJ either but you have to think what you are up against. Hard to think you are not up against at least two combined over cards at best and at worst up against 3 or more over cards and/or a bigger pair. I call here with QQ but that would be my cutoff with JJ being a nitty fold. If you had less blinds at or around 17 or less I would be going with it but at 23 BB and the action in front I fold it. Not a big blunder by any means to go with it as you did but in the long run I think it is better to fold there.

I plugged the hand into ICMizer, and you are right. Even if I assign UTG a very large bounty, ICMizer only has Hero calling with QQ+.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very interesting hand, thanks for sharing, learned something

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in this case it is a mistake.There are two ollins before you.In the range there, the hands are much stronger than yours and you are most importantly not the chip leader in the hand.Easy pass.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against 2 players I would fold. Just an optimist person can call with JJ against 2 players in this case.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ usually doesn't win against 1, let alone 2. :D
This spot I think I pass, depending on how the second player who went all in plays, may call, but not very happy, hoping at least to be a flip.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold here, cause each of them had huge stacks, and as only 1 of them will gain power, we are still standing good to hunt the two lows, and being almost equal as the second in a 5 remaining. I simply don't like the positions and the stack sizes to make it jam in this hand.