$11 NLHE MTT: AJs, not really sure what to do pre

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not played many tourneys recently so wasn't 100% sure what to do pre. Feels too deep to jam, r/f is bad and flatting feels sorta crap.

PokerStars - $10+$1|50/100 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4
CO: 5,020.00
BTN: 9,876.00
SB: 5,060.00
BB: 6,735.00
UTG: 5,149.00
UTG+1: 4,530.00
UTG+2: 561.00
MP: 4,447.00
Hero (MP+1): 3,727.00
SB posts SB 50.00, BB posts BB 100.00
Pre Flop: (pot: 150.00) Hero has A:heart: J:heart:
fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to 561.00 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls 561.00, fold, BTN calls 561.00, fold, fold

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do think flatting is best which is why I opted for that but was concious of leaving myself open to a squeeze from someone behind where I'm call/folding 20% of my stack which doesn't really feel great. Just checking others agree flatting is best.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea I can totally feel your dilemma I think with 37 blinds and so many left to act behind that can bust you jamming seems a little spazzy. Cant really fold because well frankly he should be shoving fairly wide here so the only option is to flat but yea feels icky all around.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I thikn stack size is slightly too weird to do anything and feel awesome about it.

Also a side question to people who see tihs thread, presume you agree call/fold is best, what stack size are you jamming? I'd guess around 22bb?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
prob jamming 27 and down,
completely read dependent on people behind,
flatting is ok, players behind dictate whether it is better than r/c or r/f or open jam tho

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he has enough chipa that were ok flatting and wont get called by too many players behind us. If he had less i think its more akward, id probaby min raise to isolate (if he had like 400, id make it 8)If he has 1 or 200 more then i think its a shove. Interesting spot though

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think he has enough chipa that were ok flatting and wont get called by too many players behind us. If he had less i think its more akward, id probaby min raise to isolate (if he had like 400, id make it 8)If he has 1 or 200 more then i think its a shove. Interesting spot though

+1.

I feel like AJs is either fold/raise in this spot. If you think you're good then Id make it something like 1100-1225. It will also let you kno if you're in bad bc a better hand is shipping after your rr. Sucks to use 33% of your stack to get that info but its better than getting it ai dominated and it almost guarantees pushing away any hand <AJ imo.

Flatting here brought in big stack who obv isn't in better than you cause y wouldnt AQ+ put you in. I'm curious to kno the outcome.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the flat here. If you were in a later position, I lean more toward isolating.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1250 seems about right and looks pretty strong. Any read on button?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1.

I feel like AJs is either fold/raise in this spot. If you think you're good then Id make it something like 1100-1225. It will also let you kno if you're in bad bc a better hand is shipping after your rr. Sucks to use 33% of your stack to get that info but its better than getting it ai dominated and it almost guarantees pushing away any hand <AJ imo.

Flatting here brought in big stack who obv isn't in better than you cause y wouldnt AQ+ put you in. I'm curious to kno the outcome.

Well it's certainly not a fold but I don't really think we have to range. Also raising just to see if anyone has better isn't good since people probably play the same range to a raise as they do a call. Like if they have AQ+, 99+ they're raising either way imo. So I'm paying an extra 500 to find out what I would'be been told for free.
Big stack flatting doesn't matter, in fact it's awesome sincewe crush his range and we're only playing my effective stack, kinda sucks he has position but I'm still pretty happy. Also he flatted with 67s which is just so lol, pretty much fist pumping when people want to be so retarded though. Only problem is people flatitng with hands like AQ but if we end up stacking on a high flops it's just a cooler with this SPR.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1250 seems about right and looks pretty strong. Any read on button?

40/17 retard.

One thing i do like about raising is as you say looks so strong and I fold out PPs, probs up to 88 which is nice, but I think I still prefer flatting for the reasons I stated in my last post..

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut and nod after that last mtt takedown. hahah. what a beast lol. GG:)