No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
A bit later still in the same 11$ Big on pokerstars. Any comments about my line? Opponent was playing VPIP 22 / PFR 17 / 3-bet 11 over 115 hands.

PokerStars, $9.80 + $1.20 - Hold'em No Limit - 40/80 (10 ante) - 7 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG (Hero): 11,934 (149 bb)
MP: 6,037 (75 bb)
MP+1: 4,858 (61 bb)
CO: 5,583 (70 bb)
BU: 4,836 (60 bb)
SB: 7,256 (91 bb)
BB: 15,509 (194 bb)

Pre-Flop: (190) Hero is UTG with A♠ J♠
Hero raises to 240, MP 3-bets to 760, 5 players fold, Hero calls 520

Flop: (1,710) T♣ 8♣ Q♠ (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets 640, Hero calls 640

Turn: (2,990) 9♦ (2 players)
Hero bets 1,794, MP calls 1,794

River: (6,578) 3♦ (2 players)
Hero bets 3,947, MP calls 2,833 (all-in)

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think JK 3bet pre from early position & the only hands beats us are just that, so its a solid line

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think JK 3bet pre from early position & the only hands beats us are just that, so its a solid line
Thanks for the comment. The opponent had QQ, so my line worked out perfect. Dont think, QQ continue to bet itself with a 1-liner to a straight, but he was willing to pay his entire stack to catch me bluffing :)

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think you played it fine. The initial check/call is standard and since the board wasn't flushy, only the straighty board mattered... and as mentioned, only KJ has you beat on that. And he isn't 3-betting with KJ.

As revealed, the 3-bet with QQ and him calling all 3 streets with top set makes sense. You pretty much had the only hand that had him beat.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a good study point for you would be to look at more of the V's possible range and consider how you might change your play to get more value from a larger part of that range---Yes it is great when they hit top set and will not fold the river but we want value beyond sets in our overall approach

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Congratulations, you played well

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a good study point for you would be to look at more of the V's possible range and consider how you might change your play to get more value from a larger part of that range---Yes it is great when they hit top set and will not fold the river but we want value beyond sets in our overall approach
Sure but what are they betting on the turn, if I check to them, that will not also call a donk bet? I cant come up with any hand, so this is a genuine question :)

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Old hand, but remembering is living! haha
More a comment than an analysis.
Well played.

Based on the HUD data and villain position, I wouldn't assign him KJ combos. Given how tight he looks...
Maybe 99+... more inclined towards QQ+, some AQs+...
I don't know if at this level of buy-in people are used to 3-betting light at this stage and from MP or able to 3-bet preflop with 67s-910s for example.

The moment you lead you put him in a difficult situation, where he would already be calling 'knowing' that he was losing but to hit the full. The size of the bet was enough to commit him. Only very disciplined people would fold in this spot. (actually this one-card straight is easier, maaas...)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You got a straight at the turn, and it seems you are very good. The opponent looks very enthusiast from the beginning, so it looks like he has a strong pair, like AA,KK, QQ. There is the chance for a three of a kind, but I think the strong pair was more possible, which he finally had.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lovely and still unexpected line to open on the Jack on turn, however the board was as opened to have an amazing sense to see that we could lead here and going for value. Opp was behaved like having an overpair or set, so none of them could fold on you easily, and you must have seen that.

I had a bit similar case in the days, hitting Flush on turn, and from a passive side of mine through that hand, I opened on Turn acting first and my opp called. River went all-in and I was still called by a Set. So I built this line into my hand, and it was great to see there working too. :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like checking the turn to allow one more bullet from our MP villian
Check shoveing the turn
or check flat call the turn and value the river out of position
or check turn and check river hoping 22-99 AK will take a stab