No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
A bit later in the same 11$ Big this hand happened. Do you like the passive line, or do you prefer C-betting and barreling? Are you calling him down? Main Villain was playing VPIP 18 / PFR 10 / AF 2 over 454 hands.

pokerstars, $9.80 + $1.20 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (6 ante) - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG (Hero): 7,048 (141 bb)
UTG+1: 5,090 (102 bb)
MP: 4,519 (90 bb)
MP+1: 4,824 (96 bb)
CO: 5,212 (104 bb)
BU: 5,064 (101 bb)
SB: 5,490 (110 bb)
BB: 4,971 (99 bb)

Pre-Flop: (123) Hero is UTG with K♥ A♣
Hero raises to 150, 2 players fold, MP+1 calls 150, CO calls 150, 2 players fold, BB calls 100

Flop: (673) 9♦ K♠ Q♠ (4 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP+1 bets 458, CO folds, BB calls 458, Hero calls 458

Turn: (2,047) 7♣ (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, MP+1 bets 1,392, BB folds, Hero calls 1,392

River: (4,831) K♣ (2 players)
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 2,818 (all-in), Hero?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
His stats seem to indicate a tight style but you cannot fold your trips here, I think.

Maybe he has a king too but with a T or J kicker. Hopefully no KQ. 😅

Another possibility would be that he missed his flush draw but that doesn't fit his stats, I think. 🤔

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very interested in your thoughts about how you played the hand after reviewing it. I know in game I would c bet here and I am not sure if that is a mistake or not. I have many weaknesses and leaks in my game and one of them that I am trying to get better at is c bet frequency (I think I c bet too much, my current c bet % is 71.4). So wondering after all others give their thoughts if you could explain why you checked here with the board being wet (was it 3 opponents or for another reason) and do you like the way you played the hand and if possible some of your c betting tips.

As played in the hand I am only calling the flop as well but would be terrified of the turn. Luckily it cooperated and when villain bets large again I think it is too aggressive to raise although I would be thinking about it to target two spades (even though their turn bet sizing does not indicate a flush draw) and smaller Kx.

River cooperates as well as no flush comes in and straight stays only with J10 so with their large bet I think you could be up against J10, a smaller Kx, or 99 (I think QQ re raises pre) so I would call this river and think its one of those. You are getting over 2.5 to 1 on a call so I think its enough to call with trips top kicker but I would not be fist pumping making the call. We and the board block a lot of Kx and even some of those are boats so, like I said, I would be scared but dont think I could fold it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input. My rationale for not C-betting the flop was, that it was a 4-way pot, and I dont think, AK is doing all the well against their ranges, even though I flopped TPTK. Someone could already have a straight, two pair are well represented, and they can also have a million different pair + gutshot hands, that have a lot of equity. So I actually dont think, AK is strong enough to bet for value in this situation, and if there is a bet and a raise behind me, I would just fold and be done with the hand. However with a bet and just a call I think, I need to at least see a turn.

The turn card is very clean and dont bring in any hands, that did not beat me already. Also BB folded, so now I no longer needed to worry about him potentially slowplaying a monster. So I decided to call again and see a river. River was a good card for me, because now its less likely, he have KQ or K9, and I beat Q9 and AA, that slowplayed preflop. So on this particular runout I think, I have to call again, which I did. Results are shown below.