$11 NL HE MTT: Strong combinations fall - still well outplayed?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
Hi :)

Brought 3 very tricky hands, interested your review on them.

1st 1.1$ Hot hyper 6-max :kc4::kh4:: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/62570OnA9
I was put in a shove-fold situation, my stack is also very close to thepossible side pot. Safer to let this go pre, or I should stay in no matter what, maybe they're blocking each other, and my hand's strenght can come over?

2nd 11$ MTT (10-12mins blind levels) :jc4::kc4:: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/7256ZFgD3
UTG is really agressive player when it comes to post flop game, but as you could see closed out him pre. So I was willing to pay this big bet, cause I knew I was gonna see the flop possibly the last-to-act. Flop brought two top pairs, and an overbet all-in from villain. Kinda closed out Q10s here,from middle position call it seemed very weak. So I put opp to flush-draws, 99, KA, KQ. Is it a right call here?

3rd 11$ WCOOP MTT (10 mins levels) :10c4::9c4:: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/22570T2gf
We defended BB with a 1.3bb call. Flopped a set, but as SB reraised on that structure, put him only to set as well. So the excitement was happened on turn, when another Spade hit the table, completed the possible flush. As my kicker is not strong, only medio, and in this particular party I supposed the opp to beat us with greater kicker many times, was it valid to sell our hand as a flush on turn with that overpot raise, and leaning to a possible fold? Will they ever fold their set here? Should I gave another street for him, even tho I'm 100% sure on a set, and flush beat set?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi :)

Brought 3 very tricky hands, interested your review on them.

1st 1.1$ Hot hyper 6-max :kc4::kh4:: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/62570OnA9
I was put in a shove-fold situation, my stack is also very close to thepossible side pot. Safer to let this go pre, or I should stay in no matter what, maybe they're blocking each other, and my hand's strenght can come over?

2nd 11$ MTT (10-12mins blind levels) :jc4::kc4:: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/7256ZFgD3
UTG is really agressive player when it comes to post flop game, but as you could see closed out him pre. So I was willing to pay this big bet, cause I knew I was gonna see the flop possibly the last-to-act. Flop brought two top pairs, and an overbet all-in from villain. Kinda closed out Q10s here,from middle position call it seemed very weak. So I put opp to flush-draws, 99, KA, KQ. Is it a right call here?

3rd 11$ WCOOP MTT (10 mins levels) :10c4::9c4:: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/22570T2gf
We defended BB with a 1.3bb call. Flopped a set, but as SB reraised on that structure, put him only to set as well. So the excitement was happened on turn, when another Spade hit the table, completed the possible flush. As my kicker is not strong, only medio, and in this particular party I supposed the opp to beat us with greater kicker many times, was it valid to sell our hand as a flush on turn with that overpot raise, and leaning to a possible fold? Will they ever fold their set here? Should I gave another street for him, even tho I'm 100% sure on a set, and flush beat set?
KK- it is a cooler but it is the one time we could fold KK based on the SB shoving as a cold 4 bet and the hand going 4 way- not a major error to call vs weak standard players

KJ is a fold preflop because of SPR-stack to pot ratio- domination factors like KJ vs AJ and we are not closing off the betting UTG can shove after we call and will be shoving some % of the time- It would be good for you to run this hand and this spot in equilab-

T9- On the flop we have to ask if the V does not have a T then what are they betting flop? Is It spades -22 88 33 55- bluff- therefore when the spades hit and they bet again do we not need to consider that we are behind?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK hand: We start with 25 BBs so the only real question in this hand imo is should we min open or should we 2.5x open and that would come down to what are sizing has been lately. If we have been playing tight and not opening much or have just moved to this table I like 2.5x ing here even though we are short just so we can get a little more value on the flop since a lot of the time I would plan to only get one street here due to opponents folding. With how the hand played out pre I would be fist pumping to get it in as you did and just unfortunate you ran into Aces.

KJ hand: With a 3 bet in front of you and a over caller after that I am liking KJ less and less. I think 4 betting gets us now where plus we are not deep enough to do it without jamming (to get fold equity anyway) and I think jamming KJ there into the action in front of you is suicide. Calling is not great either as you could easily hit a pair here and still not be good. It would be like we are calling here to play for the flush or straight and we are not deep enough to do that so this is a relatively easy fold imo with the action in front of you plus with more people still to act behind. As played though on the flop you have to go with it as you did and ran into a nasty river.

109 Hand: This is by far the most interesting hand of the 3. Defending here to this sizing with 109 suited is a must this deep. You flop it and first comes a decision to lead or not. I only say it is a decision because I do not want a check behind here and a turn coming out. However, I would do as you did here and check to the initial raiser. Luckily, they bet out for us and then it gets interesting with a check raise by SB. Its hard for SB villain to have a 10 due to 3 of them being accounted for and depending on the type of player they are (I dont know how they play writing this) they could easily be check raising with a draw here as they would not be doing so with 22 in my opinion since they would not worry about the flush and would be praying a spade came anyway. They would be looking for value and not folds. Another 10x could do this as they would be scared of the flush. I like raising on the flop because with them being in the SB they are wider than normal due to pre flop pot odds and can still have 107, 108, 106 type hands and play this way if they even have 10x. If they are on a draw then we can deny some equity with a raise or even induce them to keep going (although I am not fist pumping if I get raised here but I am not folding either).

As played after you call the flop bet by villain then a spade comes which sucks on many fronts. We are either behind now or it is an action killing card where smaller 10x may not be as willing to go with it now if thats what they should have. Any bluffs if possible also shut down unless they have the Ace of spades. Here, in game, I think I would do the opposite of you now and just call figuring if they arent folding to a raise if they have the flush and even if they have a bigger 10x they are probably going with it just as I am thinking in this hand I am going with my 10x. So raising here is like turning your 10x into a bluff which given the villain had a bigger 10x actually was a decent chance but villain just isnt folding anything there that beats us imo. Therefore, I think this becomes a showdown value type hand here and just call turn and hope you face a small bet or get checked to on the river.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting KK in preflop for 25BB effective is an absolute no-brainer even against multible opponents. Doing anything else would be a significant mistake in the long run. The hands, we might consider folding, would be hands like TT-JJ and AK. And of course when it goes multiway, we are not always going to win. This time someone had AA, which is just unlucky, but you would also have lost to the guy with AJ. It just is, what it is. Of course its different, if we are on a satellite bubble, but that was not the case here. Tripping your stack is huge, and you just have to go for it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJs hand

Preflop
Its almost never correct to cold call a 3-bet, and certainly not with a hand like this. The issues here are multible. You are dominated by the 3-bettors range and also the range of the guy, who already cold called, unless he is totally clueless. And in top of that you are not closing action. The betting has been reopened for UTG, so he can still put in a 4-bet, which you can not call.

Flop
Just a standard bad beat. Of course you are getting it in with top two pair, when the SPR is less than 2. And you were in fact ahead, but the opponent his one of his 3 outs on the river. The fact, he shipped it with second pair in a 3-bet pot, mean, he is likely a bad player. But even so he still had you dominated, which is why, calling preflop is so bad.

T9s hand

Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
When SB raise the flop C-bet, his range is mostly trips (a set is, when you have 3 of a kind with a pocket pair) or flushdraws, and you are not in amazing shape against that kind of range. But its still to tight to fold, so calling is correct.

Turn
The flushdraw complete, so now you are really not beating much of his logical range. But even so turning your hand into a bluff makes no sense. First of all your hand could still be best, and when behind you have equity, since you can improve to a full house. And second we should generally not try to make people fold hands as strong as trips or better, because its usually not going to work. The time to bluff is, when the opponent has shown weaknees, not when they have shown a lot of strength. So I would just call again on the turn, and then fold on a blank river, if he fire again. Or if he check on the river, check behind and take a showdown. You still lose the hand, but there is a big difference between losing 8.000 chips and 26.000 chips.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
The analysis of our colleagues is very interesting, I think that in depth you will be able to see if you were wrong or not.
Since I am an "old school" gamer, I will tell you my opinion.
1st hand. According to professional players, this hand is unavoidable. In an MTT you have KK and villain has AA and all you have to do is pray for the K or some flush or straight in relation to your K at showdown and if not just get up and wave to your opponent and say "right". play." "Success and go like an English gentleman.
I'll tell you more, against AJ's villain you would have lost too.
2nd hand. At least I only see a badbeat. I think you called to see a flop that went in your favor and the villain you dealt with realized that with a pair of jacks it was only good to go all in without even securing two pair and you called right and got his high card . in the street of the river.
So far let's say that I at least would have played the same as you. A suited KJ was no mean feat to call and see a flop even after a 3-bet.
To take into account the following: The manuals explain that from UTG the opening is from 1010, that if they make a bet of 3 in another position we are already talking about that position having a strong hand that we suppose could be AA KK AK QQ KQ that's it, and if you want to limp or 4bet you should already have the same hands from another position.
In theory in this 2nd hand the one that 3bet when seeing the flop did not have anything, that is to say or it was bluffed and the bluff did not come out, or there could be 3bet for example with 77 or 88 hands that I see very often in tournaments in those positions.
3rd hand: Here he could take the audacity to disagree with your way of playing. Calling a BB with 9 10 suited doesn't seem bad to me, it's a move I make many times and that way it saves your position in an MTT. Depending on the matchup, you can hold your own with little input in hand.
After the flop comes the matter. Notice that after the flop Villain raises his bet by 4BB, you called him good. But then you should have thought out loud, because honestly Villain could have had a 22 in his hand that he liked in SB by calling limping like you, the 910 suited.
But what happens, if I had had 22 in the hand, in general most of the players who find a full house on the turn in general is a very strong hand and most hide it (of course it is a play that can go well or badly , but if you succeed your stack increases considerably).
That is, if Villain raised, there were 2 possibilities: Either he had a flush draw or he had the other 10. And there is the question, what is his kicker??? Remember that in the manuals an A10 suitable for such a low raise is a limp and call hand. But if the flop comes out and the hand comes out of it, it's notoriously powerful.
I think seeing the flop you called well, I would have done the same.
But seeing the turn and the bet I made to you, at least I wouldn't have raised, I would have just called again, it's more to wait for the fullhouse to come out.
The only way I would have made your move is if I knew the villain and knew he's a serial braggart.
And on the river I would expect his bet, don't forget. If you had just called the turn, and knowing that he had a different suit, I think he had diamonds in his hand and on the turn there were spades, he might as well have thought you made the flush, which he didn't. benefited
I also think that with A10 he was already playing from the beginning and I think he was not going to give up this hand. Maybe your raise on the turn was also smart because you wanted to make him see that you could have made the flush, but hey, for that you would have had to have previously analyzed what type of player you were playing against. If this player was very aggressive, in general they are players who have to play with very important combinations because they don't stop until the river, they play all or nothing. In this case, you didn't have the crazy hand, so maybe you ran into one of them.
Conclusion: For me in the 1st hand your luck was cast unless the miracle came. On the 2nd hand you were unlucky, any card except the villain's Ace changed your situation and on the 3rd hand you could have played it differently.
But as I always say dear friend, it is very easy to talk about outside, but when one is inside the field things change.
What matters is that you don't give up, and never forget that sometimes you also need a little luck. The eternal discussion of football is "play well and lose??? or play poorly and be champion???" The Technical Director of the National Team of our country in the 1986 World Cup Carlos Bilardo said: "Remember, nobody remembers the second, you have to be champion"
I am going to leave you to see this play and after seeing it tell me "before seeing the river, who should have gone further in the MTT
Greetings and thanks for letting us see and comment on your hands
I hope that analysis or strategy or luck will help you more in other hands ;););)(y)(y)(y)