No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
Third hand in an 11$ Big on pokerstars, so everybody still very deep. No reads on the Villain. Do you raise or fold on any street, or do you just call him down?

PokerStars, $9.80 + $1.20 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 (4 ante) - 6 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG (Hero): 5,155 (172 bb)
MP: 5,230 (174 bb)
CO: 4,950 (165 bb)
BU: 5,000 (167 bb)
SB: 9,707 (324 bb)
BB: 5,068 (169 bb)

Pre-Flop: (69) Hero is UTG with A♦ A♥
Hero raises to 90, 3 players fold, SB calls 75, 1 fold

Flop: (234) 3♦ Q♠ 4♦ (2 players)
SB bets 330, Hero calls 330

Turn: (894) 4♣ (2 players)
SB bets 810, Hero calls 810

River: (2,514) 6♠ (2 players)
SB bets 480, Hero?

Last edited:
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Nicely played .

Sometimes the range of the blinds can be very wide which I sometimes underestimate.

But I think I'd also have called him down. Based on the board I'd not have folded, I think.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nicely played .

Sometimes the range of the blinds can be very wide which I sometimes underestimate.

But I think I'd also have called him down. Based on the board I'd not have folded, I think.
I forgot to hide the results, but its fixed now. Please no spoilers until others have had time to comment :)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop you get donked into for over pot. This bet should not be made if villain actually wants you to call. They would not be doing this with a set or even some two pair hand if they had one. To me they have a decent hand that is not really anything great and they are just trying to steal it and see if they can get you to fold. I think their hand is lot of smaller pocket pairs 22, 66-88 and complete air balls like broadway hands that dont have a Q. No reason for us to raise here if we believe that range so we just call and let them hang themselves but at this point in the hand Im not worried. Also, very important that we have the ace of diamonds for not only a backdoor in case I am mis-ranging them but also cuts down on their draw hands that I guess could potentially semi bluff like this but I doubt that.

The turn is a card that I dont think is great for you. It helps in the sense that it set blocks but I dont think a set bets the flop like this so I was never worried about one. However some steal hands that villain would have tried to steal on the flop with contains some 4x hands. That would worry me a bit but not enough to make me fold. Again, raising would seem crazy to me since they either have some disguised hand that is crushing us (which I still doubt at this point in the hand) or they we are ahead of their bluffs and we dont want them to call perfectly against us which is what would happen if we raise here.

River is like/dislike card for me. I like that no flushes came in but dont like that 6 could be a set card and that 75 got there. Villains range here has so much crap in it that obviously those hands could be there but so is all the other garbage, again if Im ranging them correctly and that is always an if but you have to go with a range. In our shoes I love that villain sized the river way down which I would think a value hand would go for more than this on the river and a bluff hand would bet more than this so its a strange bet. Villains story now makes even less sense to me and when their story does not make sense we should be more inclined to look them up. Especially with an overpair to the board I'm calling here and again I see no reason to raise so in all likelihood in game when villain bets into to me this little on the river I am breaking my arm getting my chips in to call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the input. I agree, that on the flop and turn we pretty much have to call. His sizing should be very polarizing, so we definitely dont want to raise and put our entire stack at risk, when we start the hand with almost 200BB, and folding aces even with his sizing seem way to weak-tight. His small river bet looked weak to me, and I did actually consider raising. However I ended up calling, because I was really confused about, what he heck he had, and I did not want to reopen the betting. He was largely an unknown with only 10 hands on the HUD. Results are shown below.