Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
  2. Turbo
Currency
$
In many of the donk betting hands, I shared, I ended up in some sort of bluff catching situation. Not this time though since I flopped the stone cold nutter butters. So obviously the only concern here is, how do we get him to put as many chips in the pot as possible? Do we raise flop or turn or slowplay until the river? Game is an 11$ Hyperturbo PKO on pokerstars and the opponent an unknown. Only played 4 hands against him, out of which he played one. I had the starting bounty, and pretty much also the starting stack of 5.000 chips.

PokerStars, $10.27 + $0.73 - Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (60 ante) - 5 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 4,680 (19 bb)
CO: 19,281 (77 bb)
BU (Hero): 5,366 (21 bb)
SB: 4,030 (16 bb)
BB: 6,015 (24 bb)

Pre-Flop: (675) Hero is BTN with T♣ 9♦
2 players fold, Hero raises to 500, 1 fold, BB calls 250

Flop: (1,425) 9♠ 9♣ 9♥ (2 players)
BB bets 500, Hero calls 500

Turn: (2,425) 4♦ (2 players)
BB bets 750, Hero?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It mostly depends on the hand he got. I would guess he has A-high or a small(ish) PP and thinks he's ahead here.

If you fire too much, he'll probably rethink and might fold.

Turn didn't really change the game, except if he has something like A4. Since his bet size didn't increase, I'd exclude this.

As often the problem with the nuts is that your opponent doesn't really have anything worth investing more chips. 😅

I'd just call the turn and then jam the river, independent of the card, just hoping he'll call you for your bounty. 😆

You'll probably only be paid off, if he hit anything on the river though. 🤔

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the comment. I think, slowplaying is almost mandatory with quads, especially when I have position. So I just called again, and here is the result:

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Thanks for the comment. I think, slowplaying is almost mandatory with quads, especially when I have position. So I just called again, and here is the result:

wow what a gift

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow what a gift
I guess, it can be argued, that the small flop bet is for protection and thin value, if I call with A high, and maybe even the small turn bet as well. But not really sure, what the river jam was for :)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I guess so but a pretty weird hand to pick for a bluff :)
In general, with such a board and in BN vs. BB, you can be easily ahead with K or A-high quite often.

But maybe he failed to see that you'd only call his river bet when you're ahead and not just with K or A high. 🤔

Maybe he also has my weakness for PPs. 😅

I also thought I was ahead with 55 on a 2332 flop in SB vs. BB but my opponent had TT. 🙃

Should have known better since he 3-bet me PF and I guess I'd do myself good to just fold those small PPs preflop, when there's too much action. 😆

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But maybe he failed to see that you'd only call his river bet when you're ahead and not just with K or A high. 🤔
Exactly. His hand is to in between to jam the river. When he make this move, he will usually get worse hands to fold and better hands to call, although maybe he can sometimes push people off a slightly better pocket pair like 33 or 55. So having gotten to the river like this, his play is clearly to check and evaluate. Sometimes it goes check-check, and he win against A high. And if he face a bet, then he just need to make a decision, if he think, I am bluffing often enough for him to make a hero call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyway its always nice, when you have the nuts, and all, you need to do to get max value, is to press the "call" button. If this was live poker, it would be a great spot for a slowroll. I can just imagine the table talk: "Really? You hit the J on the river? I dont know if I can fold this man..... Ok I call" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands