No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
One of the most important elements in a winning poker strategy is slowplaying. If you flop a very strong hand, you should never take any aggressive action until the river. In that way you disguise the strength of your hand and create deception especially in multiway pots. This idea was masterfully illustrated by my opponent in this hand from an 11$ Bounty Builder on pokerstars. Watch and learn :)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
These kind of runouts are exactly why I don't slowplay too often as I even see some wetness in the dryest boards. 🤣

Nice runout for you!

Statsman1

Statsman1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Isn't there a saying in NLHE that "you check your sets on the flop"? I am not saying that it is WISE to do so...but it isn't rare. Tragically, for him/her/them, you got there on the turn.

If he had bet the flop, would you have called or raised? Unless there was a jam on the flop by your opponent, OESD is not something typically folded in that spot, so, really, that ending was inevitable. You could have check-called him into oblivion, given the turn, and still gotten all the chips. But if the board paired.......

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If he had bet the flop, would you have called or raised?
I would have folded to a substantial bet, especially if BTN had called in front of me. I only had a gutshot, and it was a 4-way pot.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
overall solid line
on the river you got multiple bet size options.
perhaps close to poting/overbetting here is best targeting K9 type of hands and hoping they dont overfold to the moon given we rep polar here. not sure they recognize that in these stakes tho and that they have to defend some fraction of their range.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!