$109 NLHE MTT: $109 NLHE MTT, Well played, but unlucky on the river!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely standard spot, KJs is a low frequency 3Bet here. Only exception is that these days the 3bet would likely be a bit bigger than 2.2x (unless Mercier was doing this as an adjustment to a specific read). Calling the 4bet IP is totally fine given the sizing used.

Flop plays itself so not much to discuss there.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to flat suited Broadway combos IP unless I am super deep - but this hand doesnt play any differently post flop. KJ is going broke here no matter what. Monster draw, we turn the nuts and get rivered. Nothing we can do here.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would size up my 3-bet a bit, but other than that its all fairly standard. There is an argument for just flatting pre, but with a mini-raise the blinds are getting such an awesome price to come along, that I prefer to 3-bet most of my range. The 4-bet is very small, so he cant really fold in position, and on the flop he obviously has to go with a combo-draw, when the stack to pot ratio is less than 2. The opponent obviously also has to go with his aces, and at this point it was basically a coinflip. Someone gets lucky, someone dont, and it just is, what it is.