X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain was 17 8.6 on 36 hands
Normally I 4bet shove preflop with our hand but we are deep and realistically I am only doing that with KK+

pokerstars, $100 + $7.50 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (20 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 9,940 (50 bb)
UTG+1: 9,390 (47 bb)
MP: 10,970 (55 bb)
MP+1: 9,840 (49 bb)
CO: 10,830 (54 bb)
BU: 9,640 (48 bb)
SB (Hero): 9,510 (48 bb)
BB: 9,940 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (460) Hero is SB with A A
4 players fold, CO raises to 430, BTN 3-bets to 1,500, Hero calls 1,400, BB calls 1,300, 1 fold

Flop: (5,090) 3 7 4 (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: (5,090) 5 (3 players)
Hero bets 1,600, BB calls 1,600, BU folds

River: (8,290) J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets 3,600, Hero calls 3,600

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Whatever you do out of the blinds, when the pot has been 3-bet, announces your hand. And with that in mind I much prefer a 4-bet. I agree, you were to deep to rip it in, but you could make a small 4-bet to 3.000 chips. If someone comes over the top and jam, that is of course fantastic, and if you get one caller, postflop is extremely easy with a SPR of 1.

Even if they fold, that is fine, since you increase your stack 20% without risk. And if they actually do fold, then just start taking this line with some bluffs. It cant be true at the same time, that you can not 4-bet as a bluff, and that you can not get value by 4-betting KK or AA.

Flop
Big blind also cold called the 3-bet, but CO folded. This is a really wacky situation, that just never happen normally. I dont think, BTN is going to do a lot of light C-betting, because he should be extremely concerned, what both of you have. So I think, I prefer to just take the initiative now, and donk lead into them. You should have the best hand here almost always.

Turn
Not great that there is a 1-liner to a straight now, but I still think, you have the best hand, so I am ok with betting now. But you are so far from being able to get stacks inside, which is why, I prefer a 4-bet.

River
Probably still betting. The only hand, that got there, is JJ, and he can also have KK, QQ, TT or 99. As played its definitely a check-call.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't want to use slowplay at the beginning of the tournament. I would like to see 4-bet like 3,500
Check on the flop is mistake too for me. Of course here is very comfortable situation, flop is safe, but you want to evaluate your EV so in threeway I would like to see bet out of position. Every over pairs call you and that is possible here sb has overpairs.

Is any chance he would fold a gut shot straight draw? probably not, because if he call on BB that big size 3-bet he is weak for me, but it doesn't matter because your decisons was not ok. Unlucky is in poker but if he would call on every street with gut shot let's see how lot of chips you can earn from the weak players.

I had a lot of situation when opponents beat me with marginal hands, because of suited and others. If you don't know your opponents play for value.

Good luck

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Showdown:
BB shows 7 6 (a straight, Three to Seven)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 23%, Flop: 36%, Turn: 97%, River: 100%)

SB (Hero) mucks A A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 77%, Flop: 64%, Turn: 3%, River: 0%)

BB wins 15,490

Thanks for the valuable input everyone.
To be honest min 4betting seemed very nuts only and didn't consider it at the time but it could be the most standard play, shoving doesn't get us enough calls.
Donking the flop in hopes to get the money in vs TT+ on the flop or turn is a good play as well.
In retrospect if by flatting the 3bet preflop we attract loose players behind us to call as wide as suited connectors, there's an argument for slowplaying and I don't regret it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am kind of surpriced, BB showed up with something like this in a 107,5$ tournament. BTN is the player, I would assume to have suited connectors in his range, because he 3-bet a CO open. So when BTN folded on the turn, I would have felt pretty confident about aces.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this is a perfect opportunity to 4bet with monsters because it can really look like a resteal.
CO opens, BTN 3bets. everything is so standard, even your 4bet would have been a standard move. Whereas your flat call looks already suspicious and you give great odds for the marginal holdings to follow. Weird that the CO player has folded.
And weird that the BB called with such a hand but I guess his line of thought might be something like that if I hit I'll certainly gonna get paid because one of them has probably a monster and my odds are fair enough to see that flop. I don't know, just saying some thoughts.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not imagine, its a long term winning play to cold call a 3-bet with 76s for 15% of your stack. But maybe he was just bad. Or it could be a misread, where he thought, he was calling a standard open raise. These things happen online especially when people are multi tabling.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not imagine, its a long term winning play to cold call a 3-bet with 76s for 15% of your stack. But maybe he was just bad. Or it could be a misread, where he thought, he was calling a standard open raise. These things happen online especially when people are multi tabling.

Loose passive players are very prone to calling a lot of BBs preflop with hands like suited connectors, pocket pairs or suited Ax in hopes of hitting the nuts.
It makes sense to try and exploit these type of players as much as we can when we have value hands.
Of course it could have also been a missclick, being an online game we can never know.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the logic behind the flat here - we keep in multiple opponents and we also stand to win a larger pot - that aside this is why we generally just 4bet. Not only do we get the chance to win the pot preflop - but we are also looking to play heads up vs the 3 better for stacks.

I generally do not deviate from what I normally do and I have very few 4bets in my range - some light and some the very top of my range. Anyhow, I think we can go 4 - 4.25k here and possibly induce a jam or get a call from the original 3 better.

As the hand was played in like the check on the flop, allows us to pot control and under rep our hand. The turn is a tricky card, for sure we need to start charging draws and betting for value so I like the bet and sizing - the river is obviously not great, we dont want to bet out here and face being raised and it's hard for us to get called by worse with this runout. I like the check/call here as it not only leaves in their bluffs but it also may induce worse hands to value bet annnnd when we do run into a better hand it didnt cost us our entire stack.

Hope this makes sense in one way or another and hope it helps.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Preflop
I much prefer a 4-bet. I agree, you were to deep to rip it in, but you could make a small 4-bet to 3.000 chips. If someone comes over the top and jam, that is of course fantastic, and if you get one caller, postflop is extremely easy with a SPR of 1.

I think we can go 4 - 4.25k here and possibly induce a jam or get a call from the original 3 better.

I think it'd be better to keep it to 3k or 3.2k... with an SPR of 1.