Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Second lvl, Sunday High roller,

Co raises 2bb (50bb stack), hero calls on BB (AhJh) (70bb stack calls)

FLOP (KcJc9h) (5,5bb pot)

hero check, villain bets 1,8bb, hero calls

TURN 7d (9,1bb)

hero checks, villain bets 9,1bb, hero calls

River 5h (27,4bb)

hero checks, villain all in 36bb

Preflop. Probably mixing calls with 3bets

Flop

Firstly I noticed popularity off small bets on flop, many streamers use them. They are good, but Flop seems cordinated and I am not sure is he using so small sizing with really good hands, is he not afraid to be outdrawn? I call

Turn

It is polarising sizing, I decided to call

River

Club draw missed, some straight semi bluffs missed, he is turbo polarised. He got 16 combos of QT, 4 combos of 8Ts, 4 combos of 86s (probably) Some sets, some two pairs. I am not sure, he is jamming Ak or KQo. What is your calling range here?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always, I put in a disclaimer that I do not play at these buy in levels ever so my thinking could be way off...

Pre flop I agree with you that it should be mixed here but I think it should be more 3 bet than calling

On the flop, I would just be calling as well since we have middle pair and a couple back doors. This street is more about figuring out why villain is using the sizing they are (not saying their sizing is bad). The board is coordinated and hits a lot of the high cards you would think generally are in their opening range plus it has two clubs so you would think villain would be going larger here if they had something to protect. They might go small here with a hand that is just nominal instead of checking behind because they might feel a bet here buys a check from you on the turn which they can then check behind and get to the river cheaply. They could be making a bet of this sizing to see how you react to it and to see if you have anything to protect.

The turn sizing is interesting as you point out and is polarized. Villain could be bluffing here, could have a large hand they had on the flop or could even have 77 as 77 might small bet flop planning on a check from you on the turn to then check behind but instead hit their card so now they are going for value (too much value imo). At this point we have to plan what we are going to do on river since if we call here we can be fairly assured we are going to face another large bet on the river and there are plenty of river cards we dont like. I probably wouldnt call in game (just me and its prob a mistake) knowing I am going to face a lot of pressure on the river.

River, we face the big bet we think going into the street we would face. Nothing completed as you mentioned except 86 which I dont think is in villains range with the action pre and post flop. Would villain be betting like this with Kx? I highly doubt it so I think this is weighted towards a huge hand or a huge bluff. Its not clubs either as I would think villain would check behind turn with clubs and take the free card. If its a bluff I think it is more along the lines of AQ or A10 but we do have a blocker to those. On the flip side, I dont think Q10 plays like this unless it specifically Q10 of clubs as I would think their flop sizing would be larger. Set of 7s sticks out to me here just because if they do have a big hand, this is one of the big hands that would bet with the sizing villain used. A flopped set would go bigger on the flop and so would two pair. In my thinking anyway, Ive eliminated or highly reduced the chances that you are up against flopped two pair, flopped set or just Kx. That only leaves 77 and weird two pair hands like K7, J7 etc. which I dont think should be in their opening range. To me, far more bluffs here then made hands but remember that they saw you only call the flop as well so they should think you didnt flop anything large enough to protect either. Although you called pot on turn so that at least tells them you have something. The last two sentences I wrote does make me think Kx could be in there then but I just discount it. There are more bluffs here then made hands based on what I think and you are getting 1.75 to 1 on a call. I think playing this hand in game I fold the turn a lot (which is a mistake sometimes I know) but if I am going to call the turn and think I am good on the turn and deduce big flopped hands are less prevalent due to small sizing on a coordinated board then I think I have to call river. I dont love it by any means and like I said Im prob out of the hand by this point but if Im here, Im calling. My gut is telling me though this is 77 and I usually trust my gut.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It might be slightly exploitable, but personally I fold on the turn to a full pot sized bet. There are many better hands to continue with, since AJ block very few value combos, and when you are behind, you are often drawing more or less dead.

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for input, very valuable opinions ;) Didn't make call on river, so don't know what it was.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smells like a set or two pair. I'd fold to us 9.1bb bet