$1000000 NLHE MTT: $ NLHE MTT: AA utg final table ss

Z

zedesq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
omg so glad August is over. First day of sept and back to the final table of 1000 player mtt.

AA utg w 10bb, 7 players left. Next lowest stack has 14bb. Do you prefer to shove or ?

Leader in bb w 50bb

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think, you can get away with min-raising without making them suspicious, you have exactly AA or KK, then minraise. Otherwise just shove and hope to get called. If you dont get action, you still increase your stack 25%, which is never the end of the world.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in would be my only game. Guy with 50bb will call your min raise with really wide range, and can overdrawn you easily.AA is the best starting hand pre flop, but on the river doesn’t have to be. So, all in pre flop without question.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My AA and KK are constantly getting sucked out by 2 pair or better when I attempt to min-raise with a short stack.
My new and improved strategy is to open jam 3bet jam just --- jam jam jam. If they call with inferior and win - they would have won anyway.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you ever min raise here with a KJ off type hand or KQ suited type hand? I doubt it so almost exclusively with 10 BBs you will be folding or jamming. Any time you do anything other than that you could raise eyebrows since a min raise here looks stronger than a jam. I would just jam it in here and hope you get a caller. Your question, imo, becomes more of an issue with a little larger stack more in the neighborhood of 13-15 BBs where you could conceivably still raise fold if you really wanted to so there its more of a question of min raise or put it in.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am considering only 2 possibilities.
When players often defend on the late position, button and blinds, play well on the flop, then you do not need to raise, only all in.
When the table is full of aggressive players, I prefer limp-all in. You get much more than just blinds if you are sure that your opponents will raise you. And then they will be afraid to raise you and you will be able to play a wider range of hands.

P

PokerRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy shove. You're ahead of any pocket pair and Ax's that will call. Limp Raising all in unless you know someone in late position will raise is just too risky you're giving worse hand odds to call and outdraw you.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If minraising will induce a jam from other pocket pairs or Ax hands, then you can minraise otherwise openjam.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's tricky since you are utg. Would have been awesome to have this hand as sb or bb but anyways, what I've learned is that this is a clear shove situation. You can try traping but it's hard as utg to do this, it's suspicious to min raise so all in and hope to get a call.