$10000 NLHE STT Deep Stacked: Final table pocket queens

L

Lutra555

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi first post here so hopefully format OK.

I was final table with 85k chips and a guy who was 60k went all in. Folded around to me with only blinds to make decisions and I had pocket queens. Called the all in, everyone else folded and he showed JA. He got the ace on the flop and nothing came that improved my hand. Essentially went from 5th placed stack to out of the tournament in one hand. Would you play pocket queens in this situation to an all in from someone with 60k stack? Or would you wait for some more people to go out? Blinds were 3k, 6k with 500 ante.

Thanks

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What were the payouts like? Any reads on the villain? Other stack sizes?

Don't post results.

If you want a more thorough analysis you'd need to post stack sizes of the other players (approximations are OK), payout levels (again approximations are OK), any reads on the opponent, any significant action or inaction on your part or the villains leading up to the hand.

Not to toot my own horn but look at https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/130-nlhe-mtt-1100-me-live-221554/ to see what a live hand analysis request should look like.

I would never have called there, would have shoved but absent any other info this is a no-brainer.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jilly, you saying a fold is proper in this situation? Really with QQ vs a 10bb Shove? I don't know O.P stated he had about 80k themselves so I can't see a fold at all...Again this is just me, but I can't fold in this case

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fist pump shove kick call, all day long, shouldn't even be a question

oh and welcome to the forums

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call before he even shoved all in

^ that's how fast I woulda called

tough loss but correct play at least in my opinion

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What were the payouts like? Any reads on the villain? Other stack sizes?

Don't post results.

If you want a more thorough analysis you'd need to post stack sizes of the other players (approximations are OK), payout levels (again approximations are OK), any reads on the opponent, any significant action or inaction on your part or the villains leading up to the hand.

Not to toot my own horn but look at https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/130-nlhe-mtt-1100-me-live-221554/ to see what a live hand analysis request should look like.

I would never have called there, would have shoved but absent any other info this is a no-brainer.

good advice on the hand analysis, shocking advice on whether to call :)

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think you guys need to improve your reading comprehension. :)

I would not have flat called, I would have shoved (yes I am being picky :) ). I could only find a fold here if the villain was a super-nit and payout jumps/bubble were in play.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
at those blinds i am only a cting if no one has acted before and attempting steals. an all in in front of me i with a stack that cripples me at that stage i dont even look at my cards and if online yeah i can see em but they are going bye bye. just 1 hand right or wrong i dont care .i will play on my terms untill i have no choice

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you guys need to improve your reading comprehension. :)

I would not have flat called, I would have shoved (yes I am being picky :) ). I could only find a fold here if the villain was a super-nit and payout jumps/bubble were in play.

way to dig yourself out of a hole :p

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at those blinds i am only a cting if no one has acted before and attempting steals. an all in in front of me i with a stack that cripples me at that stage i dont even look at my cards and if online yeah i can see em but they are going bye bye. just 1 hand right or wrong i dont care .i will play on my terms untill i have no choice

so basically your a min cash king? :)

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with qq you certainly had to be favored preflop.you just got unlucky.i would have called instantly and never have a second thought about it.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$10K STT and he is asking us for advice? If it really is a STT, then it pays 3. But then he mentions Final Table, and I think well if it is really an MTT he is ITM. But this faupah makes responses less precise.

I actually like OP's question. I think I would reshove to disuade anyone else from entering this hand, but then I understand the wisdom of folding till I could be the first action in a hand. Only Q's after all, which are only marginally better than J's.

If it were a STT, I would bow to the first in vigorish, and if it was an MTT and I was ITM, I would reshove and pray.

Truly a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouldve folded since the blinds were low. i've folded QQs before in a similar situation but if their stack was below 50% of my stack i wouldve called quick.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
fist pump shove kick call, all day long, shouldn't even be a question
Without knowing all of the other stack sizes '&' the payout structure, I think your response is not necessarily accurate.
$10K STT and he is asking us for advice? If it really is a STT, then it pays 3. But then he mentions Final Table, and I think well if it is really an MTT he is ITM. But this faupah makes responses less precise.
If we read the HH it seems clear the 'STT' has mistakenly been inserted.
I actually like OP's question. I think I would reshove to disuade anyone else from entering this hand,
Do you think re-shoving > calling is really even going to make that much of a difference? I mean he's obviously never folding if he calls here (it's not like he's giving others the thought they might have fold equity, lolzz.. look at the stacks).
but then I understand the wisdom of folding till I could be the first action in a hand. Only Q's after all, which are only marginally better than J's.

If it were a STT, I would bow to the first in vigorish, and if it was an MTT and I was ITM, I would reshove and pray.

Truly a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
OP, please attempt to post Hand History with all relevant information (ie. stack sizes for all players on the table, along with payouts (& player reads)).

Would I fold or gii here given the info. provided? I can't say for 100% certain.

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcourse more accurate details would be good, but the guy who shoved had 10BB, i think thats the main reason in my mind its an easy all in

unless ofcourse your just hoping to get what cash you can, and in that case, keep folding until your forced to go all in on the big blind or something :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is only a thread cos it says 10k which it clearly isn't. Obv call, end thread.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wouldve folded since the blinds were low. i've folded QQs before in a similar situation but if their stack was below 50% of my stack i wouldve called quick.

Please! These blinds are never considered low! 3k/6k with a 500 ante will eat you alive faster than you think. Heroes M here is about 7 ish. With a M of less than 10 and QQ, there is only one reasonable move unless villain has us absolute convinced he has AA or KK, and the only absolute way to do that would be for villain to show before we bet. Can't happen online, but could happen live.

The odds on villain shoving ATC with his M at about 5 is higher than the odds villain has a real hand. Even if we consider this particular ATC to not contain total junk, it is still (rightfully) over 50% of all possible hands. His first in vigorish is what he is betting, his hand is secondary.

My only assumption here is that most folks who make it this deep in any tourney have some clue, so I assume and can eliminate any viable fish factor.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
so basically your a min cash king? :)
i win my share to be sure, but i want to get every penny out of every tournament i can really dont care if i win it or not the wins seem to work out by others going into panic mode before they need to. you cant win with 9 players still in but you can sure enough cost yourself a lot of money. once im in top 3 yeah i make that call all day but otherwise i try to play on my terms only

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fair enough, thanks for the explanation

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ofcourse more accurate details would be good, but the guy who shoved had 10BB, i think thats the main reason in my mind its an easy all in

unless ofcourse your just hoping to get what cash you can, and in that case, keep folding until your forced to go all in on the big blind or something :)
What if the other stacks are 2.4bb, 6bb, 3bb, 2bb, 1.5bb ?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Karkus77

Karkus77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What if the other stacks are 2.4bb, 6bb, 3bb, 2bb, 1.5bb ?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

ofcourse, what if they had all had a heart attack and died and where sitting out... all good points, but going on the information we were given i'd all in

must be a scary structure for us to be the big stack with 14bb's lol

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is this still a discussion?!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ofcourse, what if they had all had a heart attack and died and where sitting out... all good points, but going on the information we were given i'd all in

must be a scary structure for us to be the big stack with 14bb's lol
I've seen many Turbo structures where effective stacks are very short (even the Sun. Mill the final table stacks are real short). Basing a decision w/o knowing the stacks does make a difference along with not knowing payout structure (ICM).
I hadn't considered the possibility of players sitting out &/or having heart attacks. pfff

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think here is something to gain for most of us.

How we should play when everyone is shallow even more with ICM involved. (lets say on a FT)

T

TheLulham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never see this as out of the tournament. You are 1 double up to being right back in it. Unlucky hand but, should still be thinking you are "well in it"!! IMOP

hi first post here so hopefully format OK.

I was final table with 85k chips and a guy who was 60k went all in. Folded around to me with only blinds to make decisions and I had pocket queens. Called the all in, everyone else folded and he showed JA. He got the ace on the flop and nothing came that improved my hand. Essentially went from 5th placed stack to out of the tournament in one hand. Would you play pocket queens in this situation to an all in from someone with 60k stack? Or would you wait for some more people to go out? Blinds were 3k, 6k with 500 ante.

Thanks