Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
VP$IP
Currency
$
UTG 2 (40 bb stack) raises 2,1bb, Co (40 bb stack) calls, hero (36bb stack) Jh8d calls (it is probably to loose call, fold pre seems the best option)

Flop Td4d8h (7,8bb)

UTG checks, Co bets 4bb, hero calls, UTG folds

Turn Th ( 15,8bb pot )

hero??? (30 bb stack remainig)

Do you lead here, if yes what on various rivers, or If he jam turn? Or it's check call or check fold spot?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
As I understand it, you were defending your big blind to essentially a min-raise, and then calling with J8o cant be a significant mistake. It is at least so close, that its more important to focus on postflop.

Flop
One of those spots, where it kind of feels like, we have to continue at least one street, but we are not exactly loving it.

Turn
A leading range need to be polarized, and on this card TX can lead for value, which can then be balanced with some draws, of which there are many to choose from. Leading with 8X serves no purpose, since all better hands call, and most worse hands fold except for some draws. Its a check and make a decision spot. If he bet small, most likely call, but if he makes a committing bet like close to full pot, most likely fold.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im folding this pre flop as to me it look like you were in position on the button based on how you write the hand. I get the position aspect but a hand like J8 off can get sucked into a hand depending on the flop. Much better in the long run to fold here as you already wrote.

As played on the flop for around half pot I think we should be calling here. If we are going to get involved with a hand like this by calling pre then we should not only continue when we hit two pair or larger but be prepared to continue even with a pair.

The turn is a good card for us but we could still be behind bigger pocket pairs. We should be happy that our hand strengthened as far as showdown value is concerned since there are less 10x now but I still would be playing this hand to try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Being out of position here I would be checking and hoping villain checks behind. I would call most sizings here but as it approaches pot then we have to think about folding. However, this card should slowdown the JJ+ hands so bets here are 10x (fewer now), draws, and bluffs. I think a lot villains hands here will check back turn which we should be happy with.