$100 NLHE MTT Bounty: $$100 NLHE MTT Bounty: What would you do?

N

NTD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Live bounty tournament so exact details might be a bit off but here it is.

I have about about 40k in chips with the blinds at 500/1000 with a big blind ante of 1000. Under the gun I look down at JJ so I raise to 2k.

Folds around to cutoff(~60k in chips) who calls, button(~60K in chips) calls, SB folds and BB shoves for about 6k.

What's my move? I think I misplayed this step but am not sure.

Fold?
Call?
Raise?
Shove?

After I get some answers I tell you all what I did and how it played out.

Thanks for the advice.

Jason

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm shoving to isolate the BB. If the CO or BTN have a bigger hand, oh well.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm wondering how the BB has been playing up to this point? Has he been pretty nitty and may now have woken up to a big pair (AA KK QQ) and is all of a sudden raising out of position and character? I've seen that happen a lot. He's going to know that he'll at least be called by one, more likely two players.

Or has he been less nitty and perhaps this is just his last ditch attempt to save his tournament life w/ a reasonable but not premium hand?

A shove seems too much right now considering how deep CO is. If he calls you're almost guaranteed to be beat by one or both villains which in the case of CO may cost you the tournament. You probably have CO beat already so I'd suggest just calling BB's shove and see what the flop brings. You're out of position to and out stacked by CO. So your Jacks, while nice, may be putting you at greater risk of overplaying a hand whose success is very much flop dependent.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very easy shove pre.

We do have a strong hand, but this can be vulnerable 3/4/5 ways.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy shove
in bounties you have to even play looser. Even in a standard tourney this is an easy shove

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you call and the big stack shoves, what are your options then? Jacks play much better preflop then in a 3 way pot. The big stack is priced out with a shove of 40k with anything less than a premium hand. Shove and pray he'll go away.