$.10 NLHE MTT Turbo: feedback please, could i have gotten away?

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So yes, first and foremost you may say raise pre, but being oop and UTG i wanted to see a cheap flop, given its a turbo i didnt want to put in more then i had to whilst set mining
others may consider folding aswell, so its my post flop play that im really looking for the feedback on?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/4961156_AE57101807

my thoughts as i went into this flop was that there was draws on the board and so i would raise it, but obv you want value out of your opponents, if you think my raise sizing is slightly off please say

Then on the river, could you have gotten away from it

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your post-flop bet is what is worrying. With flush draw on the board, you bet 100 in a pot of 320, almost giving any guy to draw for cheap. I would have made it 200ish and the turn assuming both called 600 in a pot of 920ish. If they called, then you couldn't have done anything. But am sure you could have avoided losing such a huge chunk with such a hand.

Here's another thought, everyone limps and you have 6s in SB, raise to 320 (4X). Getting rid of all the rags. Just a thought.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reason i am struggling to get away from this hand is simple, and thanks for making me realise that i wasnt UTG but in fact in the sb lmao,
now for my logic and the reason i didnt get away from this hand

so, i hit my set, and i price them in on the flop,
i do this for the reason, with so many people in the hand, theres a likelyhood somebody is drawing to the flush here, im in the worst position and i want to keep hands in not just the flush draws, then i can reevaluate on the flop
2 people call, so easily assumable given the board, 1 probably has flush draw and the other has hit top or even middle pair

then i price out the flush draw on the turn, with 600 in the pot, they will hit a flush here 1 in 5 so for them to be priced in they would need a raise size of only 130 - 150, now given the assumption that nobody is calling for a runner runner the final card does not scare me, and with the effective stack sizes if i do my value bet of half pot, then i have no fold equity so i may aswell get it in right there

and for both opponents to catch runner runner flush, well that makes it even worse because now they are only going to hit the river card 14% of the time

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say calling ad set mining preflop is fine here. I woud have led more on the flop, by only betting 100 into 300 size pot is that you are giving them all the odds to draw, then you did it again on the turn. If they are gonna chase it, don't make it so that it is profitable for them, make them pay to see those cards. Especially when you flop bottom set.

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop - If the players have been limping alot i think you could raise here. Seeing their holdings i think there has been very loose calling going on. Against weak players you want to raise preflop. I think i would have called upto raise of 240.
Flop- Raise on flop was very weak. There were flush and straight draws on the flop and i think J is in your opponents range. A bet of 200 is good here.
Also i would suggest that you want to get all their chips in the middle before the river not after the river if your opponents are drawing. You want to get maximum value when your opponents are drawing.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 thing to consider and you can tell me if i am wrong, its not just a standard MTT either, its a turbo, as a result you dont want to be raise folding much after the flop, and on top of that you dont want to CB if you havent hit your set,

would this not mean that "in a turbo related incident we wouldnt want to be raising your small-middle pairs?"
as for your "i did it again on the turn" i didnt :S 3/4 bet is standard play to price out the draws is it not?

also lets assume i did price them out on the flop, what if the board had flushed, where do i stand then, if i overbet the flop, and the flush hits on the turn "now looking at the hands, i would of still had the best hand, but is anybody going to assume i am ahead here most of the time?

the fact still remains im out of position being in the sb, we do not want to over inflat the pot do we?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fact still remains im out of position being in the sb, we do not want to over inflat the pot do we?

OOP in the SB with a set vs 3 fish. We're getting value from FD+top pair and sometimes two pair combo's here, bet big otf, bet big ott and shove most rivers. They'll be getting great odds to stack off with J5o or whatever gash they have otr if you bet bigger on the flop and on the turn.

To answer your question, no, you couldn't. They shouldn't have many flush draws here, since almost all heart flush draws should fold the flop. Bad fish got lucky, make a note on how crap they are and move on.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very hard to drop this hand on the river. People are right about bet sizes, though. Given the flush and str8 draw on the flop, I'm playing this hand fast.

For those who advocate a pre-flop raise, I consider this to be a horrid suggestion. Given you are in the SB, anyone who calls will have position on you for the hand. I think completing is perfectly fine and check/folding if you miss your set, given a minimal investment.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks doomasiggy, and again to you loonbat, definately given me something to think about regarding my oop play, this is probably one of my leeks where i try to keep the pot small, but i guess once i hit the monster i should be more agressive, if nobody is in the pot then thats all i should get, but if somebody wants to call, then they are losing more money in the long run, definately take this into consideration