Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll post the results after
Turbo
MP2 - random
BTN - micros grinder
pokerstars - 50/100 Ante 10 NL - Holdem - 9 players Hand converted by Holdem Manager

SB: 11,895 (119 bb)
BB: 14,436 (144.4 bb)
Hero (UTG): 9,300 (93 bb)
UTG+1: 12,540 (125.4 bb)
MP: 10,787 (107.9 bb)
MP+1: 10,465 (104.7 bb)
MP+2: 9,990 (99.9 bb)
CO: 8,758 (87.6 bb)
BTN: 8,855 (88.6 bb)

9 players post ante of 10, SB posts 50, BB posts 100

Pre Flop: (pot: 240) Hero has :jd4: :ad4:
Hero raises to 242, 3 folds, MP+2 calls 242, fold, BTN calls 242, 2 folds

Flop: (966, 3 players) :2c4: :7c4: :3d4:
Hero bets 338, MP+2 calls 338, BTN calls 338

Turn: (1,980, 3 players) :2d4:
Hero bets 1,030, MP+2 calls 1,030, BTN calls 1,030

River: (5,070, 3 players) :qh4:
Hero bets 7,680 and is all-in

BTN wins 19,540SKO

PokerStars - 50/100 Ante 10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager

Hero (SB): 3,358 (33.6 bb)
BB: 4,579 (45.8 bb)
UTG: 1,884 (18.8 bb)
CO: 2,804 (28 bb)
BTN: 6,139 (61.4 bb)

5 players post ante of 10, Hero posts SB 50, BB posts 100

Pre Flop: (pot: 200) Hero has :ad4: :9d4:
3 folds, Hero raises to 242, BB calls 142

Flop: (534, 2 players) :10s4: :jc4: :3s4:
Hero bets 200, BB calls 200

Turn: (934, 2 players) :6h4:
Hero bets 486, BB calls 486

River: (1,906, 2 players) :js4:
Hero checks, BB bets 999, Hero calls 999

PokerStars - 50/100 Ante 10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager

Hero (MP): 5,315 (53.2 bb)
CO: 3,000 (30 bb)
BTN: 2,782 (27.8 bb)
SB: 1,764 (17.6 bb)
BB: 2,784 (27.8 bb)
UTG: 6,119 (61.2 bb)

6 players post ante of 10, SB posts 50, BB posts 100

Pre Flop: (pot: 210) Hero has :qh4: :js4:
fold, Hero raises to 242, CO calls 242, 3 folds

Flop: (694, 2 players) :6c4: :4h4: :4c4:
Hero bets 243, CO calls 243

Turn: (1,180, 2 players) :8s4:
Hero bets 413, CO calls 413

River: (2,006, 2 players) :8d4:
Hero checks, CO bets 2,092 and is all-in, Hero calls 2,092

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1- I'm ok with the unneeded bluff here I guess but if you're planning on this you should make the turn bigger to size it up as a pot sized shove on the river, not brick the river and be like "golly gee what can I do now, I go all in because I can't win any other way"

Hand 2- Are we just putting villian on precisely KQ here or is there some other dynamic involved that makes you think the check/call on the river with your A high is good?

Hand 3- why fire the turn when you pick up no equity? Why check call with Q high on this board? I could understand it if the 2 pairs on the board were like 88 and 99 to where 22-77 got counterfeited but not on this board.

All in all I would say it looks a little spazzy, almost like you think you need to win every pot once you invest chips in it... and aren't afraid to spew your entire stack to do it.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd agree with Sanders for the most part.

The first hand, the allin jam is so obviously a missed draw. I can't think of any hand that plays that way besides an airballed draw. I completely agree on going with closer to a pot sized turn bet if you plan on jamming missed flush draws here, it's a much stronger line. Also a bigger turn bet probably pushes out KQJ10 level hands with 2 clubs. My guess is your river jam got called by something like KQ of clubs.

The 2nd hand I don't hate the call down as much if you have a decent read on him. He has a handful of straight draws there, but the flush also got there and he might even value bet A 10, K 10, and Q 10 with 1 spade as it blocks flush combos.

The 3rd hand I simply don't understand the river call. I can't think of a single reasonable hand that you beat here. You're even losing to a lot of Kx flush draw bluffs here. I also am surprised you continued barreling on the turn, especially with such a small bet. Anything he was willing to call on the flop, he isn't going to fold to such a small turn bet.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hand 1: I don't mind the bet bet bet line at all...in fact I'm gonna play it the same way often. we can sometimes check the turn as we are 3 ways and the value of making the nut flush increases in a 3 way pot (as more opponents will have hands they can pay us with like trips and smaller flushes).

hand 2: nope

hand 3: nope

If these are from the same tourney I'd say there is a mental game/ tilt issue going on that is a MUCH bigger problem than a theoretical game play issue.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1, I would check the turn here, because the hero has nothing, and needs information from the villains. When the villain calls your bet repeatedly, you are not gaining info. As played, I'm not sure it is really different than all-in pre-flop. The river bet should be near 25 bb.

Hand 2, check after flop and the turn. Allow the villain to demonstrate his hand. Give yourself an opportunity to fold and save some chips.

Hand 3, same as hand 2.

Taken as a set, these hands are bluffs. Don't bluff too often. Better bluffs have something more in them like flush draws and straight draws. I suppose you could be bluffing full houses on all these. But that would put you on a 2-7, J-T, and 8-X respectively. Maybe the FH on hand 2 could be made believable somehow, but not as likely the others. In the case of hands 2 and 3, the FH is made on the river, so check/calling doesn't add up for a FH on the river. Better to jam the river. Still that depends on selling the story of a FH.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where these carps play? What a room?

Well, if the seriously, it is a good played. With a little mistakes on the postflop.

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st hand

*** SHOW DOWN ***
beerzyp: shows [Jd Ad] (a pair of Deuces)
feroli41: shows [Qc Jc] (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
feroli41 collected 19540 from pot
I hate how I played this hand :)
I agree with much of what has been said def making it larger on turn seems more natural. I'm repping only AA or nothing so it's an easy call for him.
I think a legit line is more like overbet 2x pot on turn and jam river

2nd hand

*** SHOW DOWN ***
SiphDeBerg: shows [Kc 8h] (a pair of Jacks)
beerzyp: shows [Ad 9d] (a pair of Jacks - Ace kicker)
beerzyp collected 3904 from pot

this is just a random hand vs a french guy :) maybe shouldn't have post it.

3rd

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Sticada2670: shows [9c 7c] (two pair, Eights and Fours)
beerzyp: shows [Qh Js] (two pair, Eights and Fours - Queen kicker)
beerzyp collected 6190 from pot
beerzyp wins the €4.50 bounty for eliminating Sticada2670

well this is again same kind of board texture of #1 so I guess much of why I called is why villain called me in that hand, except here it's even drier, he was def a bad player and playing wide range so he could have 8x 4x easiely, but at the same time I decide to call because I don't think he's capable of turning better hands into bluffs, that is, when he shoves either he got me (fh) or he has stone cold bluff 0 equity.
I don't think he was capable of doing this with 56x 67 combos or even straights for that matter.

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 AA

1st hand

*** SHOW DOWN ***
beerzyp: shows [Jd Ad] (a pair of Deuces)
feroli41: shows [Qc Jc] (two pair, Queens and Deuces)
feroli41 collected 19540 from pot
I hate how I played this hand :)
I agree with much of what has been said def making it larger on turn seems more natural. I'm repping only AA or nothing so it's an easy call for him.
I think a legit line is more like overbet 2x pot on turn and jam river

2nd hand

*** SHOW DOWN ***
SiphDeBerg: shows [Kc 8h] (a pair of Jacks)
beerzyp: shows [Ad 9d] (a pair of Jacks - Ace kicker)
beerzyp collected 3904 from pot

this is just a random hand vs a french guy :) maybe shouldn't have post it.

3rd

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Sticada2670: shows [9c 7c] (two pair, Eights and Fours)
beerzyp: shows [Qh Js] (two pair, Eights and Fours - Queen kicker)
beerzyp collected 6190 from pot
beerzyp wins the €4.50 bounty for eliminating Sticada2670

well this is again same kind of board texture of #1 so I guess much of why I called is why villain called me in that hand, except here it's even drier, he was def a bad player and playing wide range so he could have 8x 4x easiely, but at the same time I decide to call because I don't think he's capable of turning better hands into bluffs, that is, when he shoves either he got me (fh) or he has stone cold bluff 0 equity.
I don't think he was capable of doing this with 56x 67 combos or even straights for that matter.

Thanks for posting.

One of the posters mentioned adjusting your bet size to sell the, I have AA these are all value bets (turn and river).

You now suggest a 2x pot turn bet? Why?
Be the villains. 2x pot on a paired board they now think no way that is a bluff?

The advice given was a near pot size bet which seems much more like a protection bet vs flush draws but please do not fold a pair.
Then the river jam screams value!

Hope this helps.

:):)

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think much needs to be said. You see the result, a change needs to be made. You can start by not full bluffing out of position.

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think much needs to be said. You see the result, a change needs to be made. You can start by not full bluffing out of position.
I don't think you understand my goal mate, I post this hand because I know I've played it badly, if I had a doubt about a legit line I took I could just run it up in pio and get actuals results.
This is exploitative game, it doesn't portray my actual game, just something I try from time to time to see what it works with certain players..
And again I agree with what most of you posted, clear mistakes in my lines