$10 NLHE HU Tourney: $$10 NLHE HU Tourney: $10 SNG heads up advice?

kingme620

kingme620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE HU Tourney: $$10 NL HE HU Tourney: $10 SNG heads up advice?

oops title is messed up...

Not a heads up tourney but it is heads up.

This is actually not my hand. But my friend says no matter how often villian was pushing he calls this 100% of the time. True? Why?

Stacks:
SB with 13060
BB with 13940

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds: 250/500
Site: full tilt poker
Dealt to SB:T♦ Q♥
Sklansky group 6
Preflop: Hero calls [250]
BB checks
Potsize: 1000
Flop: Q♣ 4♣ J♠
BB checks Hero bets [555]
BB raises to 13,440, and is all in Hero calls [12,005] [ all-in ]

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise preflop, and the call gets a little easier. Plus, you'd like to play larger pots when you're in position, your hand has pretty good equity, and stealing the blinds is nothing to scoff at. Pretty big leak to limp this.

Calling a shove of 12560 into 1555 (1.12:1, 47% equity required) is less cool than calling 11810 into 4000 (1.34:1, 43% equity required).

As played, I suppose this is a call, but its pretty close. Lots of draws on the board & such. However, stacks are pretty deep for this late, and if villain was on the passive side, we should be able to make a laydown.

By the time you reach this stage in a SnG, you should have some reads on how your opponent plays. This could be an easy call or an easy fold depending on your opponent's style of play.

toogood2k

toogood2k

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
clubdraw? or an overpair, thats only what he can got on going all so quickly. i think there best way was fold, becouse he could have much cards that can beat you pretty easy, also on 1k pot i think its dumb to call so big overbet, becouse you were on same stacks and if you fold, you dont lose much of your stack, its headsup and you can easy try get some better chance to call allin from him

W

WossaPotOddz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Headsup top pair = the nuts.

Villain could be doing this with so many draws it's unreal.

Villain didn't raise pre-flop so probably definately no QQ or JJ holding and probably no 44 holding either (depending on pre-flop raise %)

Villain would probably just check calls Jx (maybe) or 4x holdings.

Villain would probably play top pair like this and with no raise PF our ten kicker is good most of the time. He would also play KT and club draws like this (probably)

BTW hero should have raised PF, QT is well ahead of villains range.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How many times can someone push all in? ;)

I believe what OP is meaning his friend is saying is.. "no matter how many times they're pushing" << meaning if they're super aggro and are continually shoving.. which often is a good HU strategy in a SNG when blinds are high & especially if up against a Tight-weak opponent.
Blinds aren't high enough here though (yet). Sure they're high.. but this is obviously HU of an 18-plyr. SNG and they're both still sitting on 25+BB's.

BB's shove on the flop seems odd. And as far as what your friend says... I think it makes a HUGE difference as to how often your opponent has been shoving (or raising, calling, etc.).
imo this shove by BB looks more like Top & Btm pr. or Top2, not wanting to see the turn. But who knows... seems like an odd shove to me tbh

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise preflop, and the call gets a little easier. Plus, you'd like to play larger pots when you're in position, your hand has pretty good equity, and stealing the blinds is nothing to scoff at. Pretty big leak to limp this.

This. One mistake early in a hand can have a fun snowballing effect on later decisions. Limping QT here heads-up is horrible for all sorts of reasons.

In low limit tourneys the insane overbet is a horrible player with some sort of draw or something like a JcXc-type made hand/draw combo really often.

By the time you reach this stage in a SnG, you should have some reads on how your opponent plays. This could be an easy call or an easy fold depending on your opponent's style of play.

It's a HU tourney so we've probably only played maybe a level or so against villain (or even less than that if it has a weird short starting stack structure i guess). Assuming villain is unknown I'm still relatively happy calling this anyway.

Last edited: