$10 NLHE Deep Stacked: AA call or fold on floo

O

ozvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NL HE Deep Stacked: AA call or fold on floo

The game so far has been quite loose, I think because it's a knockout and everyone wants their 2 bucks - my table image is laggy - my read on the villain so far is in an almost identical pot prior to this he reraised all in with TPTK on the flop.

full tilt poker Game #21605468807: $10 + $1 Knockout (166472101), Table 12 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:32:03 ET - 2010/06/14
Seat 2: todei (16,340)
Seat 3: bondigirl77 (12,138)
Seat 4: BoxxyMcCloaks (8,480)
Seat 5: Willeras (10,804)
Seat 6: Biggybhoy (9,175)
Seat 7: FeRRe8 (11,170)
Seat 8: ANAM3 (3,580)
Seat 9: dddbar (11,210)
todei antes 25
bondigirl77 antes 25
BoxxyMcCloaks antes 25
Willeras antes 25
Biggybhoy antes 25
FeRRe8 antes 25
ANAM3 antes 25
dddbar antes 25
dddbar posts the small blind of 150
todei posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bondigirl77 [Ad As]
bondigirl77 raises to 600
BoxxyMcCloaks folds
Willeras calls 600
Biggybhoy folds
FeRRe8 folds
ANAM3 folds
dddbar folds
todei folds
*** FLOP *** [5h Qs Jd]
bondigirl77 checks
Willeras bets 900
bondigirl77 raises to 1,800
Willeras raises to 10,179, and is all in
bondigirl77 ??? Call or fold and why?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pros for calling:
-$10 tourney, people have wide ranges in general
-laggy image
-you have the near nuts
-villain has shown to get money in with tptk
-board is very unlikely to have setted villain up (jj/qq often 3bet preflop), and the only other logical hand is QJ, against which we have equity
-board is somewhat drawy
-you're getting a decent price

cons for calling:
-:confused:

Also, why are we minraising preflop? Why c/r the flop instead of lead?

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pros for calling:
-$10 tourney, people have wide ranges in general
-laggy image
-you have the near nuts
-villain has shown to get money in with tptk
-board is very unlikely to have setted villain up (jj/qq often 3bet preflop), and the only other logical hand is QJ, against which we have equity
-board is somewhat drawy
-you're getting a decent price

cons for calling:
-:confused:

/ thread

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chuck said it.

What, given your reads on table & villian were you trying to accomplish with the min raise & the check?

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems we have a consensus on the min raise/check before I read any responses that was my first thought.

djkismet

djkismet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the villan has made alot of cbets then i totally agree w/ check raising the flop. esp if the villan has been appearing to put a ton of value on hands like aq, kq, or ak. i would have to say though like everyone else the min raise i dont agree with at this point i would prolly go 4x's the bb where im either takin down the blinds and antes or im either crushing any called pair or in a race w/ a draw and any ace draw they have u have crushed.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You haven't specified what type of player villain is, just that he re raised all in with TPTK the hand before. If he has been aggressive post flop, betting most flops when he's heads up then I don't mind the check raise on the flop. Either way, you should be happy to get it in here.

Pre flop I like to raise these sort of hands as much as what we think someone will call with. Here we are UTG so any raise will look fairly strong but you should get at least one caller if you 3x it. Another problem with the min raise is that you are giving the blinds great odds to come along and see the flop. The more people we have on the flop, the less likely our big hand is to hold up.

O

ozvillain

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah shouldn't have min raised - he had a set - called with pocket fives - I'm not sure I could have gotten away from this - I think he would have called with 3bb raise as well - but just wanted some second opinions :)

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah shouldn't have min raised - he had a set - called with pocket fives - I'm not sure I could have gotten away from this - I think he would have called with 3bb raise as well - but just wanted some second opinions :)

I would ahve raised more than 3bb but there is no certainty he would have folded anyway.

S

salex77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling raising with AA

I cannot see min raising here at all with AA! you have to either call or raise here to get full value and also not get taken advantage by someone getting lucky on the flop or someone who would not be in the pot if you Hadn't min raise wth AA !

Folding in Poker