No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
After many years of practice I have uncovered the secret of, how to win in poker tournaments. Two examples from my last session:

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well if I get a straight of 10 to Ace or some quads on aces, it's easy to win the pot at showdown. 😅

But are you saying that you bet more defensively to hide your hand strength? I'm sure it can work out often but if you have top pair and your opponents have straight or flush draws, it can be a dangerous play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if I get a straight of 10 to Ace or some quads on aces, it's easy to win the pot at showdown. 😅
You figured out my secret. Have the nuts on the river and an opponent, who is willing to get it all in. Thats how you crush poker tournaments :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

webwiser

webwiser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After many years of practice I have uncovered the secret of, how to win in poker tournaments. Two examples from my last session:

Fund, your pokerstars account is very strong, what a good account!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turning the nuts can work as well like in this final hand from a 9-man SnG.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the laugh----yes it does help to have the nuts and a nut in the hand lol

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yep, that will do it. I especially like the jam from 53 on the 22AAA board🤣

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, that will do it. I especially like the jam from 53 on the 22AAA board🤣
I guess, he thought, my small sizing was indicative of a thin valuebet with a hand like pocket nines, that the other guy was calling with pocket tens, and that he could get both of us to fold by representing quads. Rather ambitious play and obviously ill timed :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the laugh----yes it does help to have the nuts and a nut in the hand lol
Having the second nuts and a nut in the hand can also get the job done. In this one I was not entirely loving life on the river, but I was like "yeah alright I call" :)