No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Yet again my aces got donked into in a 3-bet pot. Game is a Fifty/50 SnG, and we are still in the first blind level. UTG+1 was playing VPIP 38 / PFR 15 over 70 hands.

pokerstars, $9.54 + $0.46 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 30 (1 bb)
UTG+1: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP: 1,545 (52 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): 1,485 (50 bb)
CO: 1,455 (49 bb)
BU: 2,970 (99 bb)
SB: 1,515 (51 bb)
BB: 1,500 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (45) Hero is MP+1 with A♥ A♠
UTG calls 30 (all-in), UTG+1 raises to 60, MP calls 60, Hero 3-bets to 240, 3 players fold, BB calls 210, UTG+1 calls 180, 1 fold

Flop: (825) 4♦ 6♥ 2♣ (4 players, 1 all-in)
BB checks, UTG+1 bets 413, Hero?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Freflop:
UTG+1s stats are a little loose but his raise range looks more like a regular range. But maybe he only min-raised instead of limping behind because UTG is all-in, so a bit strange here.

BBs cold call is also indicating a strong range imo.

Flop:
This flop is more fitting into the BBs range in general but since it's a 3-bet pot, we can probably erase all the small suited connectors a BB usually calls with. As he checks behind, we can assume he missed the flop.

UTG+1 now donk bets half pot. So he either has a made hand like a set or another overpair or he wants to challenge your premium Ace hand to fold. 🤔

I've even seen people betting their AK on a flop like this or even some fishes jamming here (for their 6 outs) but he's OOP, so not sure if he'd so that.

So it might depend on your read or the other hands you remember UTG+1 playing but probably those are from other games than this one.

There are quite a few overpairs, who'd bet here like 77-AA while the other AA is unlikely, though.

So I'd probably jam or fold here based on my intuition, even if that's not what one should do. If you double up, you have a good chance of getting a nice payout here. If he folds, you won a decent pot as well.

I often have a hard time folding my Aces, especially on this rather dry flop, so I'd call here. 🤔

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freflop:
UTG+1s stats are a little loose but his raise range looks more like a regular range. But maybe he only min-raised instead of limping behind because UTG is all-in, so a bit strange here.

BBs cold call is also indicating a strong range imo.

Flop:
This flop is more fitting into the BBs range in general but since it's a 3-bet pot, we can probably erase all the small suited connectors a BB usually calls with. As he checks behind, we can assume he missed the flop.

UTG+1 now donk bets half pot. So he either has a made hand like a set or another overpair or he wants to challenge your premium Ace hand to fold. 🤔

I've even seen people betting their AK on a flop like this or even some fishes jamming here (for their 6 outs) but he's OOP, so not sure if he'd so that.

So it might depend on your read or the other hands you remember UTG+1 playing but probably those are from other games than this one.

There are quite a few overpairs, who'd bet here like 77-AA while the other AA is unlikely, though.

So I'd probably jam or fold here based on my intuition, even if that's not what one should do. If you double up, you have a good chance of getting a nice payout here. If he folds, you won a decent pot as well.

I often have a hard time folding my Aces, especially on this rather dry flop, so I'd call here. 🤔
But is there a fold in this hand?? As you said, I think he has a pocket pair between 77-AA and that he just called preflop and as he didn't hit any broadway on the flop, he bet believing he was in front and also to protect his pair, wanting to end his hand on the flop. I just call, and let him jam everything on the turn.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yet again my aces got donked into in a 3-bet pot. Game is a Fifty/50 SnG, and we are still in the first blind level. UTG+1 was playing VPIP 38 / PFR 15 over 70 hands.

PokerStars, $9.54 + $0.46 - Hold'em No Limit - 15/30 - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

UTG: 30 (1 bb)
UTG+1: 1,500 (50 bb)
MP: 1,545 (52 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): 1,485 (50 bb)
CO: 1,455 (49 bb)
BU: 2,970 (99 bb)
SB: 1,515 (51 bb)
BB: 1,500 (50 bb)

Pre-Flop: (45) Hero is MP+1 with A♥ A♠
UTG calls 30 (all-in), UTG+1 raises to 60, MP calls 60, Hero 3-bets to 240, 3 players fold, BB calls 210, UTG+1 calls 180, 1 fold

Flop: (825) 4♦ 6♥ 2♣ (4 players, 1 all-in)
BB checks, UTG+1 bets 413, Hero?
You have 70 hands on this V do you also have notes?
Does this V think you are too Squeezy? LOL
OOP we lead for value when we think the OG-Rsr is not going to bet so the question is does UTG1 think that the BB call condenses your c-bet range?
The sizing makes little sense with sets so does your player pool default to this sizing regardless? Is this protection betting?
Do your V use blocker bet sizing? Do they bet big and then fold?
Does your player pool expect your range to be over pair heavy and that you are not folding in a spot like this? Would this V plan that well?
What is the largest pair you expect the UTG1 to flat? Would that pair lead flop? The worst pair? For this sizing?

This bet is one of two things vs weak players- 1 it is a lack of bet sizing skills with the near nuts
2 it is a leverage bet based on not knowing what their first action says about their range.

That is where the notes would help-
V should not have 22 44 64 42 or 35 75 65 76 A6 A4 A5 (we block these as well) when they ISO the UTG all-in -but will they?
Often however V see these low flops and think I lead on these. When really they do not from UTG1 after an ISO

Without notes I lean to a leverage lead as standard V do not like to get AK to fold when they have sets and they XR with 64 rather than lead it- due to sizing- I shove flop

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the comments. With an SPR of just a bit over 1 I dont think, this can ever be a fold. I mean: If he called my 3-bet out of position with a hand like 64 or 53, then he need to get paid, when he hit this hard. So its just "nice hand sir", and then I press the "play the next one" button. What I expect to be up against most of the time is some sort of low overpair like 88 or 99, which like this flop and dont want to see a turn. I think, jamming and calling are both fine lines to take, but this time I jammed, and here is the result:

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
33, lol. At least he was right in assuming you don't have any 2,4 or 6. 🤣

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
33, lol. At least he was right in assuming you don't have any 2,4 or 6. 🤣
Very similar hand happened today in a 10$ turbo 9-man SnG on ACR. The SPR was a bit deeper here, since starting stacks are 100BB. But I am still not folding AA to this kind of action :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very similar hand happened today in a 10$ turbo 9-man SnG on ACR. The SPR was a bit deeper here, since starting stacks are 100BB. But I am still not folding AA to this kind of action :)

It is impossible to fold here- the action just makes no sense by V-

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands