No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
Currency
$
This is a $10 bounty tournament and the UTG+1 has a min bounty on him of $2.50 and a VPIP 38. In PokerCraft we can only see the VPIP of the opponents, so I don't have any other info on him.

How would you guys play this hand?

GGPoker, Hold'em No Limit - 500/1,000 (150 ante) - 8 players

UTG: 19,925 (20 bb)
UTG+1: 28,530 (29 bb)
MP: 50,884 (51 bb)
MP+1: 87,110 (87 bb)
CO: 64,157 (64 bb)
BU (Hero): 43,610 (44 bb)
SB: 12,025 (12 bb)
BB: 30,150 (30 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,700) Hero is BTN with A J
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 2,000, MP calls 2,000, 2 players fold, Hero calls 2,000, 1 fold, BB calls 1,000

Flop: (9,700) K 7 A (4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 bets 3,201, MP folds, Hero calls 3,201, BB folds

Turn: (16,102) 5 (2 players)
UTG+1 bets 8,051, Hero calls 8,051

River:
(32,204) J (2 players)
UTG+1 bets 15,128 (all-in), Hero ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would also call here most of the time, but you can throw in a 3-bet as well with intention to fold to a 4-bet jam.

Flop
Pretty standard call with top pair decent kicker. Folding would be way to tight, but also no point in raising and mainly getting action, when we are behind or against a big draw.

Turn
5d changes nothing, but I am not loving the fact, he bet again. Now we are in a situation, where we need to ask ourselfes, if hands like AT or A9 are still betting for value? Maybe but a lot of people would likely check either flop or turn with these hands, so our hand become much more of a bluff catcher, when he bet again. Against a nit I might actually fold now, but against a VPIP 38 I think, its ok to make this call and see a river.

River
You improved to two pair, so now you beat any one pair or two pair hands except for AK. In top of that the only draw, which came in, was the QT gutshot, which should mainly be represented by QT of hearts exactly and maybe once in a while the other QTs combos. You are facing another bet of around half pot, and at this point I think, folding would be completely nuts. If you were good often enough to call his turn bet, for sure you are good more than often enough to call now.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much echo the above although I think squeezing here should be almost all based on what you know about the opponents who are already in and then also the blinds behind. I agree we fold to a 4 bet unless the sizing is enticing but if we dont think that will happen based on opponents and no aggro cold 4 betting loving peeps in the blinds then it comes down to how much opponents (especially opener) call c bets. If they fold to c bets often then I think this is a great spot to 3 bet and then c bet on the flop expecting to take it down often. I would expect with villains stats that they come along pre a lot but we dont know how they play post other than maybe empirical evidence (basing this on what you wrote about your HUD) so in this specific spot I agree calling is better but just wanted to throw it out there that post flop stats is what would have a big impact on my pre flop decision here.

Flop: Agree its just a call and having a high heart helps as well.

Turn: Again villain dependent here but I dont think I would fold or really really consider it. I would call but also being on alert that we could be in trouble here but having the K on the board helps as it blocks AK.

River: Cant see how we would do anything but call. Yes we can still be beat here but we cant be folding hands like this either in the way we got to this point and with the stack we started the hand with. I would not be scared of Q10 either as I think that might check turn or bet bigger on turn as a bluff so maybe Q10 of hearts but that would be the only combo of it I would have on my mind.

To sum it up, I basically just repeated FunDiver lol but wanted to add the stuff on my pre flop thoughts. I think you played this hand well and without seeing the results and assuming you called river, hope it worked out for you.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I pretty much echo the above although I think squeezing here should be almost all based on what you know about the opponents who are already in and then also the blinds behind. I agree we fold to a 4 bet unless the sizing is enticing but if we dont think that will happen based on opponents and no aggro cold 4 betting loving peeps in the blinds then it comes down to how much opponents (especially opener) call c bets. If they fold to c bets often then I think this is a great spot to 3 bet and then c bet on the flop expecting to take it down often. I would expect with villains stats that they come along pre a lot but we dont know how they play post other than maybe empirical evidence (basing this on what you wrote about your HUD) so in this specific spot I agree calling is better but just wanted to throw it out there that post flop stats is what would have a big impact on my pre flop decision here.

Flop: Agree its just a call and having a high heart helps as well.

Turn: Again villain dependent here but I dont think I would fold or really really consider it. I would call but also being on alert that we could be in trouble here but having the K on the board helps as it blocks AK.

River: Cant see how we would do anything but call. Yes we can still be beat here but we cant be folding hands like this either in the way we got to this point and with the stack we started the hand with. I would not be scared of Q10 either as I think that might check turn or bet bigger on turn as a bluff so maybe Q10 of hearts but that would be the only combo of it I would have on my mind.

To sum it up, I basically just repeated FunDiver lol but wanted to add the stuff on my pre flop thoughts. I think you played this hand well and without seeing the results and assuming you called river, hope it worked out for you.
any decision pre is fine apart of jam.

but on the river not to valuebet is a big mistake imo.
if u include so many hands into his range pre then just 3bet him.
people in these stakes will call majority of Ax imo therefor you absolutely print with your jams.
not really relevant in these stakes but if u jam only 55s there for value you are in a big trouble, tho ill give you credit that its hard to have bluffs too.
Hope this helps and good luck!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is one of those spots where we got into because we put ourselves there

I love the value of trapping AJ from the BB
against the wide range if you believe its Ax or pocket pair just Cbetting the flop

The double barrel on the turn I love trapping that spot too

BUUUTTTT FUUUUUU$$$$$$$$$ when they Triple barrel instead of shutting down

We could have check raised the flop
got info if we got 3 bet and folded

but now we are kinda stuck , we allowed him to bluff that was the plan right???
so we kinda have to call it off 70% of the time here
but if he has 38% opening range you should find the villian with more than a few missed draws he has turned into a bluff or possibly overvalueing K7 A5

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Did you get setmined, op? I mean, he is repping the straight here but I wouldn't rule those out either. I would tend to call it down as played, but I am usually behind when I do.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but on the river not to valuebet is a big mistake imo.
Villain was first to act, and Villain jammed the river, which left Hero with the option to call or fold.
This is one of those spots where we got into because we put ourselves there
This is true in the sense, that we could have folded pre. Against a tight player calling with AJ, when they open EP, is putting us in a spot with a lot of reverse implied odds. But 38% VPIP indicate a wide range, where we should be ok with AJ.
We could have check raised the flop
Hero was in position, so he could raise but not checkraise.
got info if we got 3 bet and folded
The SPR was only 3, and if we think, we can not profitably get it in for such a low SPR with top pair, then we should definitely have folded pre.
but now we are kinda stuck , we allowed him to bluff that was the plan right???
He can also have worse hands, that bet for value. Like A7, A5, AQ.
so we kinda have to call it off 70% of the time here
No we have to call it off 100% of the time, and its not a close or difficult decision.
but if he has 38% opening range you should find the villian with more than a few missed draws he has turned into a bluff or possibly overvalueing K7 A5
Yes exactly.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with 38vpip +bounty involved and dead money of mp I'm jamming pre-flop for a chance 2 win 2 ways my AJ I think is going to be ahead most of the time

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Thank you all for your feedback. Sorry for the late response (PC problems)

Here is the full hand.
2023 01 16 09 50 PM 500 1000150 TM1789426686

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not exactly shocking that he had AK, and if the river had been a T rather than a J, I can definitely find a fold on the river. And this is also why, I might just fold AJ preflop against a tight opponent to avoid getting sucked into this kind of reverse implied odds situation. But with this runout and against a loose opponent this is just an annoying cooler :(

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: The UTG+1 raises to 2,000 and it's a big raise, indicating a strong hand. MP calls, indicating a good hand as well. You have a good hand as well and decide to call, as well as the BB.

Flop: The flop comes K♠ 7♥ A♥, giving you top pair with a good kicker. The BB checks, UTG+1 bets 3,201, MP folds, you call, BB folds. This indicates that UTG+1 has a good hand, but you have a good hand as well and the pot is big enough to call.

Turn: The turn is 5♦. UTG+1 bets 8,051, you call. This indicates that UTG+1 has a strong hand, but you want to see the river, as your hand is still strong.

River: The river is J♦. UTG+1 moves all-in, you are now in a tricky spot. Your hand is strong, but your opponent's all-in move is indicating that he has a very strong hand, it's possible that he has a full house or four of a kind. It's important to consider the bounty as well, since it's a bounty tournament, taking down the pot and the bounty would be a big win.

If you are confident in the strength of your hand and the read you have on your opponent, you could consider calling or re-raising. However, if you are unsure or believe your opponent has a stronger hand, it may be safer to fold and preserve your chip stack.