$10.75 NLHE STT: 3b bluff from UTG ok here?

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hand Information Game: Blind: $15/ $30Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
Seat2: seat 2 ($1,465)

Small BlindSeat4: villain ($1,440)

Big BlindSeat7: hero ($2,610)

Seat9: seat 9 ($3,470)

DealerDealt to hero
JD.png
10D.png

Preflop (Pot:45)
hero RAISE $90
seat 9 FOLD
SBseat 2 CALL
BBvillain CALL
Flop (Pot: $180)

3S.png
9S.png
AH.png

seat 2 CHECK
villain CHECK
hero BET $120
SBseat 2 FOLD
BBvillain CALL
Turn (Pot: $420)

3S.png
9S.png
AH.png
3D.png

villain CHECK
hero BET $345
villain CALL
River (Pot: $1,110)

3S.png
9S.png
AH.png
3D.png
2C.png

villain CHECK
hero BET $940
villain.......

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I should say this is Bovada so villain stats are non-existent. Also multi tabling so all I was using was stack size & position for the most part.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bit hard to read, but this seems like a massive spew.

It looks like you are in the bb, if so then just check and see a flop. Its a bice hand to get a free flop with.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bit hard to read, but this seems like a massive spew.

It looks like you are in the bb, if so then just check and see a flop. Its a bice hand to get a free flop with.

UTG (see thread title)

I opened the pot from utg

I see where you got that. In the beginning it says I'm BB. Shotty hand replay website. Sorry about that.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, and also you said 3b, this is actually a 3 barell bluff. A 3b would be a reraise after a raise preflop.

Anyways, this is a pretty easy fold preflop. This hand looks pretty. But were in the worst position at the table. And it looks like we have already chipped up sk gaining more chips realky isnt that important.

Your much better off opening wider in later position and trying to pick on weaker players when you have position.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I abbreviated barrel incorrectly.

Despite my stack size. I was pretty card dead. Game only running 20 mins but J10s was probably my best hand. Going on the info I had w/o a HUD, I felt the game was soft J10s is usually playable post flop so I took advantage.
I kno I was lucky to get flatted by the blinds giving me position. Probably would have played out a lot dif if I didn't have pos.
sooo.... I cbet the flop (39sAh). fold. call.- w/ him flatting me pre I assume the best Ax hand is A10. So him flatting the flop is either flush draw(most likely) or a weak Ax (set is possible but obv could of only been 99 after the turn).

When he checks again here, (again w/o much info on him) I chose not to neglect my position while its being given to me. He flats. I took a specific line from the flop that would allow me to 3barrel. My line also clearly looks like AK AQ AJ.

When the river comes it is a BEAUTIFUL card. Especially if he was floating with any hand A8 to A2 (-A3) and was looking for a K or Q to peel so he could chop w/ AJ A10.

Checking otr is just not an option. My original read could be correct and he could roll over KQs KJs K10s QJs Q10s and he takes it down. So I knew I could bet medium if that were the case. But I represented the big A from the cards being dealt. The range of his folds is soooooooo wide for his tl. Hence why I opted to put him in. He has to fold any weak A here.

Last edited:
ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, and also you said 3b, this is actually a 3 barell bluff. A 3b would be a reraise after a raise preflop.

Anyways, this is a pretty easy fold preflop. This hand looks pretty. But were in the worst position at the table. And it looks like we have already chipped up sk gaining more chips realky isnt that important.

Your much better off opening wider in later position and trying to pick on weaker players when you have position.

Not saying you're wrong at all just wanted to let you know what my head was doing. Thanks for the advice :)

edit: You're right. Not saying I'm a pro but I would tell a beginning player to fold j10s utg always.

Last edited:
W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your putting to much emphasis on what he is thinking. You mention you have no reads, so really your just hoping throughout this hand. You mention the table is weak, since we have no reads we have to assume hes bad until proven otherwise. So if hes bad what makes you think he knows that he "should" fold an ace here, or that hes even capable of thinking about your range. you cant expect people to think like you do.

forgetting about preflop. This flop is a great flop to cbet. But once you are called, he will usually have something here. There isnt many draws so its either a flushdraw, any ace or a pp that doesnt feel like giving up. Turns a blank, but out of those hands nothing much is gicing up(since i assume hes bad, and most bad players call too much). So really as usual thw turn is our biggest decision point in the hand.

If we check, we are essentially giving up, but we could make a smaller bluff bet on the river if he checka to us. Smaller bluff bets are great, as they cost us less and they dont ha e to work that often.

If we bet turn, the stack size is there for a shove on the river. But do we really need to win this pot that badly? Are the chips we lose worth less or morw than the chips we gain?

Do we need to bet so much on each street? If his range is either stuff like ax which were unsure he will fold, and a few draws, isnt it better to give ourselves a better price on our bluff?

Sorry this is so poorly written, on my phone.

Forgeeting preflop, i would have bet a little less on the flop(its such a great flop for us we dont need to bet more then we need) then likely check back thw turn and see what happwns on thw river, we can then make anpther small bet if we want, or just check and give up. Both options are not goinf to have a serious impact on our equity situation. Since this table is weak,we want to play in more smaller pots with them and use skill, rather rhan playing fewer pots and making them larger

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think this is extremely spewy, the average player doesnt call two streets with Ax to give up on the river on such an obvious blank

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Your putting to much emphasis on what he is thinking. You mention you have no reads, so really your just hoping throughout this hand. You mention the table is weak, since we have no reads we have to assume hes bad until proven otherwise. So if hes bad what makes you think he knows that he "should" fold an ace here, or that hes even capable of thinking about your range. you cant expect people to think like you do.

forgetting about preflop. This flop is a great flop to cbet. But once you are called, he will usually have something here. There isnt many draws so its either a flushdraw, any ace or a pp that doesnt feel like giving up. Turns a blank, but out of those hands nothing much is gicing up(since i assume hes bad, and most bad players call too much). So really as usual thw turn is our biggest decision point in the hand.

If we check, we are essentially giving up, but we could make a smaller bluff bet on the river if he checka to us. Smaller bluff bets are great, as they cost us less and they dont ha e to work that often.

If we bet turn, the stack size is there for a shove on the river. But do we really need to win this pot that badly? Are the chips we lose worth less or morw than the chips we gain?

Do we need to bet so much on each street? If his range is either stuff like ax which were unsure he will fold, and a few draws, isnt it better to give ourselves a better price on our bluff?

Sorry this is so poorly written, on my phone.

Forgeeting preflop, i would have bet a little less on the flop(its such a great flop for us we dont need to bet more then we need) then likely check back thw turn and see what happwns on thw river, we can then make anpther small bet if we want, or just check and give up. Both options are not goinf to have a serious impact on our equity situation. Since this table is weak,we want to play in more smaller pots with them and use skill, rather rhan playing fewer pots and making them larger
For sure. Good advice. Perhaps a check on the turn is what should've happend. I am very guilty of opening a pot up and repping an Ax hand. I'll use your advice about my river sizing as well.

I'd say when I bet ott tho and I get flatted again. Checking was never an option otr.

Bovada sngs are infamous for players who will try WITH EVERY CHIP ON THE TABLE to draw out on you. I constantly get guys folding with 300-400 chips behind otr when they called like 500-600 ott.

Thanks for the advice man. Good lookin out.:)

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
think this is extremely spewy, the average player doesnt call two streets with Ax to give up on the river on such an obvious blank

In a cash game you would be right but I think in sng if you cant fold here for your tl, you shouldnt play.

Have you never had a hand like A5 A8 in the bb and had a hu pot vs utg raise. Then get value bet to death by a bigger A (a hand that should be opening utg)

The player who cant fold that is the same player who limps aces and then refuses to fold them.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game you would be right but I think in sng if you cant fold here for your tl, you shouldnt play.

Have you never had a hand like A5 A8 in the bb and had a hu pot vs utg raise. Then get value bet to death by a bigger A (a hand that should be opening utg)

The player who cant fold that is the same player who limps aces and then refuses to fold them.
No, why would you play those hands?
Also why do you think that a person who thinks that they must see a flop with weak aces has the abilty to read what your hand is (or of even cares for that matter). Most rec players couldn't care less what you have, they are going to play their hand for its absolute value.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Which is why my orignal read of 'vs a fd' was accurate so my line was ideal if I was correct. I like to play with some confidence in my thoughts so even as I'm adjusting his range throughout the hand, I'm still representing a hand that has him dominated. As I said before, checking otr was not an option. Duggs made a good point to say a v-bet otr was a better option.

Spewy indeed. Sometimes a spewy MOMENT is good for tourny players. I assure you that I'm still a TAG player for the most part.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which is why my orignal read of 'vs a fd' was accurate so my line was ideal if I was correct. I like to play with some confidence in my thoughts so even as I'm adjusting his range throughout the hand, I'm still representing a hand that has him dominated. As I said before, checking otr was not an option. Duggs made a good point to say a v-bet otr was a better option.

Spewy indeed. Sometimes a spewy MOMENT is good for tourny players. I assure you that I'm still a TAG player for the most part.

Except his range doesn't purely consit of FDs.

It doesn't matter what you rep if villain doesn't care what you might have.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Except his range doesn't purely consit of FDs.

It doesn't matter what you rep if villain doesn't care what you might have.
Point taken. Just glad it wasnt a mistake this time.