10-10 in small blind..

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, I'm going to explain IMO why I'm convinced he played this hand terribly.

The preflop play is what it is.

When there are four players beside you in on that flop and you have kings, with both a straight draw, a flush draw, and possibly other hands going for a set... you are setting yourself up for an absolute disaster on that flop when you dont bet.

By not betting that flop you have to be willing to throw your kings away on the turn too often. Anytime a diamond falls... even if its the king of diamonds... you could be drawing at 3.3-1 for all of your money on the river.

Besides this, there are numerous cards that could hit the turn that would fill straights here, to which you could be drawing dead on the river. Not to mention Ax.

He makes a bad play because the pot is almost 5000 when it gets to him on the flop and he doesnt protect his hand whatsoever. In my mind, 5000 chips is more than enough than to let FOUR random hands draw on you.

In my opinion villain was extremely fortunate here. To be able to play kings in this fashion you would have to have amazing discipline to be able to lay down your kings here. The way the hand turned out is absolutely the best way it possibly could have for villain... and with FOUR hands drawing on you... including Ax... to let this hand go past the flop without protecting your hand is insane to me.

Maybe I'm a donk and want to get some chips for my kings without letting FOUR hands draw at me and then having to make the decision that much harder for the rest of my chips if someone else does raise especially after letting them draw on the turn as well.

Poker Stove when I punch in that kings hand against that board against FOUR random hands shows an equity of less than 29 percent.

I don't disagree that is appears to have been played horribly my point was that there are possible explanations why the hand could have turned out that way even if the villian isn't a total monkey. I have called with the intention of making a check raise in multi way pots or other moves and the other players don't cooperate.

D

dollabill315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea a call imo. no reraise even though its tempting and u might have best hand, its not likely going to be if u get 2 callers. it depends how short i would be in this situation to play it differently, or if i had a big stack i would put in for a healty raise.

C

cardsDontMatter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read the entire post and have a few comments.

$2 or $50 buyin, I see the same plays.

I would have raised preflop, not much.. 750 there is better than the flop.

You're going to get information real fast, and that's what you want here. KK won't take the chance and you'll realize the real value of his hand when he repops and the rest of the field folds.. and you can to. It's just TT.

Nitty? No. Just informative.. and poker is a game of incomplete information and you had just that all the way with passive play.