10 10 with 3 under cards on the flop

gamedemon

gamedemon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made the final table today for a satellite to the FT Sunday 750k.

Had this hand take place when we were down to 5 players. Dealt pocket 10s. I was chip leader and the short stack (1/2 of my stack) goes all-in after the flop of [4d 3s 2c]. Now, he is somewhat loose and has played some weak hands. So, when he shoved post-flop, I put him on nothing more than Q J or Q 9, also thinking that maybe he has K 4, so he hit top pair on the flop. I called, but he showed Q Q and took the hand (see below).

Now, if he shoved pre-flop, I definitely do NOT call. But post-flop, with this board, I called... I was also a bit worred about A 5.

Also factoring in here, even if I lose this hand, I still have just under 6k in chips and can work my way back...

Any feedback...

full tilt poker Game #4705189346: Satellite to $750K Guarantee (35605935), Table 4 - 150/300 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:33:24 ET - 2008/01/01
Seat 1: newtype_kira (7,120)
Seat 2: THESTONE33 (11,289)
Seat 4: gamedemon (11,662)
Seat 6: relderretep (9,525)
Seat 9: jimmythebee (5,404)
newtype_kira antes 25
THESTONE33 antes 25
gamedemon antes 25
relderretep antes 25
jimmythebee antes 25
relderretep posts the small blind of 150
jimmythebee posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gamedemon [Th Td]
newtype_kira folds
THESTONE33 folds
gamedemon raises to 600
relderretep folds
jimmythebee raises to 1,200
gamedemon has 15 seconds left to act
gamedemon calls 600
*** FLOP *** [4d 3s 2c]
jimmythebee has 15 seconds left to act
jimmythebee bets 4,179, and is all in
gamedemon has 15 seconds left to act
gamedemon calls 4,179
jimmythebee shows [Qs Qc]
gamedemon shows [Th Td]
*** TURN *** [4d 3s 2c] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [4d 3s 2c Js] [As]
jimmythebee shows a pair of Queens
gamedemon shows a pair of Tens
jimmythebee wins the pot (11,033) with a pair of Queens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 11,033 | Rake 0
Board: [4d 3s 2c Js As]
Seat 1: newtype_kira folded before the Flop
Seat 2: THESTONE33 folded before the Flop
Seat 4: gamedemon (button) showed [Th Td] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 6: relderretep (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: jimmythebee (big blind) showed [Qs Qc] and won (11,033) with a pair of Queens

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the preflop play here. You miniraise in early position with pocket 10s. If you're going to raise, especially in early position and have the chiplead, make it AT LEAST 3x the big blind. I usually limp or raise big in that position. Nevertheless, there was really nothing you can do to change the outcome of that hand.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't like how this played out pre-flop, and here's the big reason why:
Now, he is somewhat loose and has played some weak hands. So, when he shoved post-flop, I put him on nothing more than Q J or Q 9, also thinking that maybe he has K 4, so he hit top pair on the flop.
Since you raised so little, he has the ability to re-raise you pre-flop with hands like K4, Q9. As played, you needed to re-re-raise him pre-flop to narrow his range down. If he comes over the top again, then you'll have a MUCH easier time putting him on a PP post flop.

After he re-raised to 1200, I'd probably re-pop him for 3000, and see where it went from there.

Post flop, with the info you had though, I think it went okay.

R

r3l3ntl355

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop is horrible IMO - an early position minraise is a bad play. I would personally make it 1000.

Post-flop with your reads I think it's OK to stack off here as you can be against an unimproved AK a lot of the time. Also you have the stack to take this risk - if you lose then you've got a bit more info on your opponent plus an M of >15, and if you win you make it four-handed and you're chip leader. Rewards pay off the risks here IMO.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After he re-raised to 1200, I'd probably re-pop him for 3000, and see where it went from there.

That doesnt give us any info though, since if they re raise all in, we accept we are beat but we have to call with huge odds, so we may aswell flat call the re raise and take it from there.

Although im laying down on the flop. Since 4 hands will re raise you and snap push all in on flop, these are qq+ and a,k. we only beat one of these so im probably laying down tens on this flop. A proper raise pre flop may have saved you the trouble as you may have been able to lay it down to a big re raise pre flop

R

r3l3ntl355

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That doesnt give us any info though, since if they re raise all in, we accept we are beat but we have to call with huge odds, so we may aswell flat call the re raise and take it from there.

Although im laying down on the flop. Since 4 hands will re raise you and snap push all in on flop, these are qq+ and a,k. we only beat one of these so im probably laying down tens on this flop.

If you're generous and add in AQ (remember he has no reads on the opponent so he's a donk until proven otherwise :p) then there's 32 ways for him to have AK/AQ which we beat but only 18 for him to have QQ+. I think he has AK/AQ here mostly though, a big pair would likely slowplay a little more.