$1 SnG: am i ahead?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reads: villain is your regular $1 SnG donk - has gotten lucky a few times to get a big pile of chips, but is doing awful things with awful hands otherwise: raising every street with 8-high flush draws, min-betting rivers with just ace high... so pretty LAG, if you count minraising as aggression.

Anywho, here goes:

full tilt poker Game #5191856851: $1 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (39462336), Table 1 - 60/120 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:09:31 ET - 2008/02/09
Seat 4: KINNIARDSKE (2,320)
Seat 5: tinkietdjo (1,895)
Seat 6: puffyvulva (5,045)
Seat 7: OzExorcist (2,800)
Seat 9: cubbiesgirl (1,440)
puffyvulva posts the small blind of 60
OzExorcist posts the big blind of 120
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [9s 4s]
cubbiesgirl folds
KINNIARDSKE folds
tinkietdjo calls 120
puffyvulva calls 60
OzExorcist checks
*** FLOP *** [5h Ac 9d]
puffyvulva bets 120 (Villain has done this a few times and just taken down the pot)
OzExorcist calls 120 (
tinkietdjo folds
*** TURN *** [5h Ac 9d] [6c]
puffyvulva checks
OzExorcist bets 350
puffyvulva calls 350
*** RIVER *** [5h Ac 9d 6c] [9h]
puffyvulva checks
OzExorcist bets 700
puffyvulva raises to 1,400
OzExorcist is left asking himself "Huh?!? Help! What have I done?!? What would Kathy Liebert do?!?"

Suspect I might've gotten just a bit to clever on this one - I figured by calling on the flop, I could take it away on the turn... which maybe was a level of thinking above that required of a game like this.

Anywho, how often am I ahead here? Flat call, shove or fold?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does she (I'm assuming a she, but what woman would use that login?) minbet with top pair as well? I know there are players who minbet every flop OOP. Why I don't know, but it must be a strategy from somewhere. Maybe they think they're Gus Hansen or something. The one's I've seen only do this with weak hands or nothing, so I tend to repop the flop rather than wait for the turn.

You've got trips, poor kicker but it's half as likely she's got an Ace or nothing. I call since you've still got chips, expect to be ahead but leaving yourself the chance to outplay the table later in the event you're behind. Against better players I'd be more likely to shove but in these I tend to be more cautious because I know that if I leave myself with chips if I'm wrong I still have a good chance to work my way back into it.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i whut have to call this given that its a 1$ sng and u say its a donk and a lot of times one those tables players bet there ace even if the bord is pard. Pushing all in is an options but i in the case he haves an 9 or even 8/7 i i whut not like to risk all my chips.
he may even have hit a set of 5 or 6 and haves a full house

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure you have to atleast call. A case can be made for shove here as well but that is matter of choice. I think you are likely way ahead here most likely facing Asmall or possible two pair. It was only a minimum reraise so to me it looks like one last shot to take the pot down not a value bet.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reads

given the reads that you spoke of it seems like the villian has done this many times

having said that i would just call