$1 NLHE STT Turbo: Sit and Go All in decision AGAIN

L

LittleRaven009

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
30/$60 No Limit Holdem • 8 Players • iPokerUTG $2,395 UTG+1 $1,260 MP1 $2,280 MP2 $1,435 CO $1,590 BTN $1,390 SB $960 BB $3,690
<H1 class=hheader>

• nh_right.gif
    Pre-Flop ($90, 8 players)
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $60, MP1 calls $60, MP2 calls $60, CO calls $60, 1 fold, SB calls $30, BB checks

• <LI style="MIN-WIDTH: 165px">
    nh_right.gif
    Flop ($360, 6 players)
  • h3.gif
    hJ.gif
    c5.gif
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $360, CO goes all-in $1,530, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 goes all-in $1,015

nh_right.gif
    Turn ($3,265, 2 players, 2 all-in)
  • hQ.gif

nh_right.gif
    River ($3,265, 2 players, 2 all-in)
  • s3.gif

• nh_right.gif
    Final Pot: $3,265
  • <LI style="MIN-WIDTH: 115px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-TOP: 4px">MP2 shows
  • d5.gif
    s5.gif
  • <LI style="MIN-WIDTH: 115px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-TOP: 4px">CO shows
  • dQ.gif
    dJ.gif

• <LI style="FONT-SIZE: 14px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">MP2 wins $3,110 (net +$1,675)
  • CO collects $155 (net -$1,435)
  • UTG+1 lost $60
  • MP1 lost $60
  • SB lost $90
  • BB lost $120
</H1>

L

LittleRaven009

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Im on cut off with losing hand J-Q, its my fisrt post so im not experienced with that at all thanks

L

LittleRaven009

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for advise, but could you clarify the reason why I should fold this hand preflop, please? At first I had enticing pot odds. At second my stack wasn´t so desperate, so I still was able to play some poker. At third I observed the table wery alertly so I was sure nobody has real hand (tricky slowplay). At fourth this is playable hand, I understood when my hand was consisted out of suited connectors, so I was in stage when I could play two high cards. Thanks again

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you've got 3 people behind you and will get squeezed quite a bit and you will go broke with top pair when someone pots it into 5 people.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I said on other thread fold pre. You have 26BB and nobody is shoving a worse J here unless you're at a table of retards. Consider reverse implied odds with a hand like this if you're going to stack off every time you hit a pair. Only time you can limp in with in this spot is to set mine.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because you've got 3 people behind you and will get squeezed quite a bit and you will go broke with top pair when someone pots it into 5 people.

^ this. We have a mediocre hand preflop, we don't have a big enough stack to be speculating and unless we flop two pair or better it's hard for us to know we have the best hand even when we hit... as the results of the hand demonstrate.

Make your life easier, dump it preflop.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is adverse to raising this from CO after the limpfest in front of us? I would have raised this up pre but def you should have folded otf once he comes over the top that big.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone is adverse to raising this from CO after the limpfest in front of us?

I definitely wouldn't - we'd have to raise pretty big to get any fold equity, but even if we did get everyone to fold we wouldn't win all that much. If someone calls we're playing a bloated pot with an easily dominated hand, if someone shoves over the top we clearly have to fold and we've wasted the chips.

Minimal upside, massive downside, it's early and we're better off folding and conserving the chips IMO.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely wouldn't - we'd have to raise pretty big to get any fold equity, but even if we did get everyone to fold we wouldn't win all that much. If someone calls we're playing a bloated pot with an easily dominated hand, if someone shoves over the top we clearly have to fold and we've wasted the chips.

Minimal upside, massive downside, it's early and we're better off folding and conserving the chips IMO.

You know when I posted this initially my mind must have been elsewhere because for some reason I read this as a cash game. So my quote is what I would have done cash wise, in a SnG raising probably wasn't the safe way to go.