$1 NLHE STT: 1$ NL 9 handed Sit&Go

R

Ramon29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, this is my first post so be gentle.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/7a1nMQ3t

Did not post this to complain. I am courious how could have I played this hand to have a better outcome.
Did I raise too little pre/post flop? I have tried to protect my hand against a flush. I was pretty positive on the river the villain has a flush but I was commited anyways and went all in.

Cheers!!!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a liiiiitttle nit picky i think I would've went 120-140 (or clicked the pot button) with all the limpers preflop - but the sizing is so close I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Top pair top kicker multi way - i like the cbet and the sizing you chose- we can consider going a little bigger here so we can jam.alot of turns with an SPR of 1:1.

How can you play this hand better? Size up on the flop and jam turn is my recommendation. Your play here is not particularly bad - some villans just do not fold, you found one of those, and they got there. I like the fact you posted this hand without being results oriented - we can't always assume our villans have "it" when scare cards come and we want to get value from draws that won't fold and weaker Ax so I don't think betting river is a huge mistake.

All in all, I think you played the hand close to optimal - you found a sticky villan, got an unfortunate runout and the rest is what it is. Hope this helps

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand well until the turn, you should have bet the rest of your satck, but it was not crazy to do it that way, just bad luck that the villain got the flush on the turn

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Been there, done that. I have learned to make chasers pay on the turn, because if they miss on the river they won't pay.

I don't know if this villain would have folded the turn with 13 outs (9 spades and 4 fours) had you shoved, but that is when I would have shoved.

Also when you have several limpers and are out of position, probably your raise should be more. Half pot on flop is fine, then shove river.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the community to start off and happy posting going forward. I would recommend a few small changes for going forward but for the most part this hand was just against a fishy player that calls a raise they shouldnt have called and then is rarely folding post flop. It happens and we live it with because in the long run we will make money off of them.

Pre flop I would raise a little more than you did being there were 4 limpers and you were out of position in the big blind. I would say something like 150 is a good raise size. 3X plus every limper is not a bad rule when out of position for a raise which would leave us at 7x or 140 in this instance.

On the flop I think you are better off betting larger than you did. You have a strong hand with top pair top kicker and there is also a board where you will get a lot of calls (which is what we want here). Many Ax which we have beat will call a 75% pot bet here along with all two spade hands. You might even be able to bet bigger than 3/4ths pot and still get calls on a board like this.

The turn then would leave us with a situation where we would be thinking jam as long as no spade hits which is the case. Jam here and villain probably calls and then pray on the river for a safe card. Notice that you thought villain had a flush but you felt pot committed on the river. If a bet on the turn makes you feel pot committed then you are better off shoving the turn. This way the draws still call instead of being able to wait until the river where they get to fold if they miss.

R

Ramon29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all for the replies. These are really great advices. I want to improve and continue to study. For now I'm not winning, not loosing but it seems that hands like this do most damage to my bankroll.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, this is my first post so be gentle.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/7a1nMQ3t

Did not post this to complain. I am courious how could have I played this hand to have a better outcome.
Did I raise too little pre/post flop? I have tried to protect my hand against a flush. I was pretty positive on the river the villain has a flush but I was commited anyways and went all in.

Cheers!!!

Thank you for posting

We should adapt our play to our villains we do not want multiple players calling in this spot preflop. So your bet sizing can be much larger. In fact you could make it 200 preflop if that still gets called by 1 player

If everyone folds we adjust down next time.
Everyone folding is also positive here as we can then use the same sizing to squeeze other hands

The only action post flop that might work to win this hand is shoving the turn but I strongly doubt it

So knowing our V call with all flush draws regardless of sizing we have to check the river and fold, as so few weak V bluff in this spot. We told our V that we are strong with 3 bets, a river bluff in your player pool is highly unlikely and if they do it so be it

Hope this helps
:)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands