$1 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: $$1 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: OESD OOP vs tight villain

L

LeGenie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys I recently started playing tournaments and would like some feedback on the best way to approach this hand.

Hero(BB) $5935 - VP:13 PFR:4 AF:2.0 W:75|67 STL: 3B:11|0 CB: N:3025 hands:24

Villain (BTN) $1910 - VP:13 PFR:0 AF:1.0 W:75|67 STL: 3B:0| CB: N:1150 Hands:24

Blinds 30/60 no ante

Pre Flop: Hero(BB) with T♠ 8♣

P388(UTG) folds, P127(MP) folds, P102(MP) calls 60, P191(MP) folds, P266(LP) folds, P319(CO) calls 60, Villain(BTN) calls 60, P155(SB) calls 30, Hero(BB) checks

Flop: 4:diamond: J:club: 9:spade: (5 players)300 in pot

P155(SB) checks, Hero(BB) bets 150, P102(MP) calls 150, P319(LP) folds, Villain(BTN) raises 720, P155(SB) folds, Me(BB) calls 570, P102(MP) folds

When villain raises to 720 the pot has 1320 in it so I would like to know would you just ship it here even though you are not getting correct odds to shove or would you just call the raise which gives us proper odds to see a turn card and then fold if we miss the turn?

Villains range consists of AJ,44,99 and over pairs "most likely QQ"

Thanks in advance guys!

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a few questionable assumptions here

first of all, I don't think you have odds to be calling his flop 3bet....by my calculations your pot odds are 2.3:1 and you're looking at about 4:1 to hit an open ender....

Secondly i disagree with your range assessment, although you were at the table, so you'd know better than me...but I don't think overpairs are very likely in his range...limping on the button like that with 2 other limpers with QQ or better? I don't think so.

I'd guess the worst he'll show up with is KJ or sometimes AJ (but a lot of players will raise limpers on the button with AJ), but most likely he has, J9, 99, or 44.

If that's the case then his range crushes you because even when you make your straight you'll sometimes get beat by a boat...

so, the way I would have played this hand is to check the flop, then call a reasonable sized flop bet (up to 2/3 the pot)...now you'll have implied odds for if you hit your straight...

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all I also don't see QQ here, because with this hand should be raise pre flop.
The flop - I play check/call here, with OESD I want to see cheaply the next card. The turn - if he goes all in for the rest of his stack - about 1100 -1200 I fold it. It is too much for the river.

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would checkcall the flop, but when you played that way, i would fold the flop because we dont get odds to call, if we have QT it would been closer, but i think fold is the best play in here.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Misskacki impossible to determine the accurate range with only 24 hands..

Easy fold, u have 90bb , oop , not have enoughd odds what call and no fold equity...Too many factors for fold..
As for about range villain, usually BTN have a wide range and he may be anything hand. it's just a to guess.

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Misskacki impossible to determine the accurate range with only 24 hands...

Except I'm not using their past play to determine their range, I'm using their current play and I think you can assign them a reasonable range based on the actions taken so far in this hand. It's not all about HUD stats... We have a lot more info available to us