€1 NLHE MTT Rebuy: How I Played This Nut Flush Draw In Multiway Pot?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not about to click on any links ....
I'll comment if you post the HandHistory as it's suggested on Cardschat

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the previous post that you use the cardschat replayer to avoid confusion but I know that link is a share my pair link. I will say the cardschat one in my opinion is much easier to replay and pause than share my pair but it works.

First, I am not sure I would be calling the raise pre flop. Multiway in a raised pot A5 is not going to be fun to play without being the aggressor unless you at least flop a flush draw. Even an ace flopping is not good in that spot. You will be folding a lot on the flop. In this spot we do catch the draw. Checking to the raiser is fine in this spot and then depending on number of callers before you, you can check raise or just call. I would be just calling here but that might be one of the leaks in my game though. Raising here would thin the field but then we would be playing a huge pot depending on callers but you might get them all to fold as well (acting as though I cant see what cards they had).

The turn brings another half pot bet from the villain but with the other caller in the hand you are getting better than 4 to 1 on the call plus implied odds if you hit the flush. I think if you get to the turn here then this is a mandatory call.

The river brings the ace which is probably still not good for you but it gives you some showdown value. You should be trying to get to showdown cheaply which is what you did. Very good river check here many times players will bet out here and get themselves in trouble. If villain makes a bet I would be folding since that would be a pre flop raise plus 3 streets of betting when they could have checked behind on the river. A bet from villain in that spot would be a good show of strength and one that is enough for us to fold only A5.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not about to click on any links ....
I'll comment if you post the HandHistory as it's suggested on Cardschat

I have posted my hands for years through ShareMyPair. This is first time sometone sees this as a problem. Tell me how I should post live poker hands instead?

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably fold preflop. On the flop I might make a small bet hoping they would just call, but check and call is ok here. On turn I would probably make a big raise. I have so many outs to win this that I should be agressive. Check on river was fine to me.

I thinking you were a bit unlucky. It was hard to put opponent in weak ace. I would put him on overpair to the board and count aces as outs...

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree with 300HPGOD, for me in this situation it is a fold pre flop, because we get even big isolation pre flop and we are OOP in this hand. If I good see the isolation is 4x pre flop, for me it is a little too much and I think I would call pre flop to isolation 3x. Second thing is that the pot pre flop will be big and if opponent will continue aggression we will have to play big pot with our flush draw after the flop. I'm not sure if it is worth to risk in longrun. As played - If I'm in this situation and see this flop with flushdraw I would play like hero. The turn card is good for us and we have to call the turn, because of flushdraw and straight draw. GL :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to isolate the limpers preflop rather than limp behind and let someone else do the isolation. Isolating does a lot of good things here. It knocks players out of the pot, and it "buys the button", because it forces CO and BTN to have a real hand to get involved and not just junk like A7 offsuit, which was actually, what CO had.

As played I think, postflop is fine. Its very optimistic to try and get everyone to fold in a massive multiway pot, so check-calling the flop would also be my choise. On the turn you pick up a gutshot draw as well, and because of this you are still getting decent odds to continue. On the river you make top pair, which is certainly only showdown value, so no point in going for a donk bet with such a bad kicker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have posted my hands for years through ShareMyPair. This is first time sometone sees this as a problem. Tell me how I should post live poker hands instead?

You wrote "non HUD site", and there are no 1$ live tournaments, so presumable this is an online poker hand. Even if the poker site dont allow HUDs, it might still be possible to get your hand history from the site and then use the Cardschat hand converter. Its not a problem for me, that you use this "share my pair", but the other format is much better :)

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to isolate the limpers preflop rather than limp behind and let someone else do the isolation. Isolating does a lot of good things here. It knocks players out of the pot, and it "buys the button", because it forces CO and BTN to have a real hand to get involved and not just junk like A7 offsuit, which was actually, what CO had.

What is your recommendation of bet sizing for isolation?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your recommendation of bet sizing for isolation?

In this spot you were fairly deep, and there were two limpers, so I would probably go as large as 5,5-6BB. For sure this is risking a lot of chips, but in a sense an isolation raise is a bit like a squeeze play, and you would probably have no problem risking 12BB or more to squeeze in a spot like this.

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pre flop You have a low frequency squeeze raise but much more often this is a 6- 7 or 8x raise almost 80% of the time (almost always raise large )preflop primarily because the positions of villians. if you were deeper you would almost always be flatting at a low frequency.
on the flop either ways Im betting into this field with my nut flush draw emergency back door draws. I have terrific fold equity and my hand is worth alot as well creating a very large equity edge multi way you could perhaps overbet the pot However it may be wise to consider a very profitable flop check raise to deny most non draw run out equity (If you not willing to stack off when mid 60bb or less it might not be applicable to consider this option) but here your plenty deep so it is an option..

Full Flush Poker