MP3 EdSen999 (2,460) 62bb
CO Mordovorot1989 (7,938) 198bb
BTN Hugh Brady (2,835) 71bb
SB HERO (4,100) 103bb
BB PokerfacePBBR (2,388) 60bb

Blinds: 20/40

Pre-Flop: (60, 9 players) HERO is SB :qc4: :qh4:
1 fold, Fulek calls 40, 5 folds, HERO raises to 120, 1 fold, Fulek calls 80

Flop: :6s4: :jh4: :5c4: (280, 2 players)
HERO checks, Fulek bets 160, HERO raises to 420, Fulek calls 260

Turn: :3h4: (1,120, 2 players)
HERO bets 500, Fulek calls 500

River: :7d4: (2,120, 2 players)
HERO ???

Don't see the spoiler. You shouldn't be result oriented. Do your assumption about the hand and see the spoiler after.

HERO bets 740[/color], Fulek calls 740

Final Pot: 3,600
HERO shows
:qc4: :qh4:
Fulek shows two pair, Sevens and Fives
:7h4: :5h4:

Fulek wins 3,600 (net +1,820)

HERO lost 1,780

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre is good, flop is good, turn is good, river I think we should be looking to size so that he can call with all the jacks in his range. So I don't really dislike river either. Looks pretty unlucky to me. You weren't really given a reason to think u were beat at any point in the hand. In fact when he calls river.... Before he flips up his hand, I would feel pretty good about that

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to 4x pre but I guess sizing is not that relevant there.

I like the check raising line, by cbetting you wouldn't be repping that much, and although I'm not sure what this kinda of range this player is open limpin/calling with, I assume he has some mid SC, Jx7-Q, and PP in his range so that flop suits him better.

Turn cbet is fine, it could be a little bigger.

River we still think we're ahead of his range although that board runout wasn't that great for us, that's a scary card, some of his Jx might fold to the 3 barrels, and a bit of his range just got there, those mid SC.
Optimal play in this river is to check call any size, by leading he'll fold those Jx 9T,68 and you'll get re-raised AI some times when you'll havel little to no equity but you'll be comitted.
By check raising you'll induce some bluffs from his missed draws, and you'll also pot control.

If you want to lead the river, it will basically act as a blocking bet, but for that to be profitable I think you should have made it a little smaller, 550 will make all the difference.

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so on preflop it's safe to say his range consists of threatening hands:

AA*,KK*,33**-77,J7+,89,A4s***,

* I don't see these being in the hand because he was UTG +1 and usually wouldn't limp, but still a possibility.

** I don't see 3's in his hand because he wouldn't usually bet on the flopa nd most certainly shouldn't call a re-raise.

*** I don't see this in the hand because he wouldn't call the re-raise on the flop, and especially not on the turn.

As far as the FTR goes, I read him on a KJ,QJ,AJ

All very probable due to the fact he only called preflop and never induced raise.

You want to value bet, with 1040 chips of his invested in the pot, (2120 in the total pot), it's time to value bet. He seems like a call station. He has 28% of his stack invested in this pot. If I were you I would value bet 800-1200.

Time to see the spoiler...

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the way the hand played out:

Preflop: Slightly bigger raise would be better, but let's carry on.
Flop: Standard play, 450 I would go for, but that's personal preference.
Turn: I assume a straight draw just got there and fours will call here, could have a flush draw like 76 of hearts because they limped, or just hit the straight, so let's keep the pot a bit bigger and let him pay more for his draws..
River: Flush just missed, fours just got there. Huge possibility of that and if suited connectors are in the person's range, then I might just convince myself to check fold this.

As for my prediction, I would either say a low pair and a gutshot if a calling station on the turn, JTs and QJs, rivered two pairs or straights. I more think it's a pair and a gutshot though that could have rivered two pair. (Big hands like AJ, KK+ etc would have raised preflop). There's always the possibility of a set too. I would consider heavily a check fold here.

Let me now read that spoiler and see whether I was close or not!

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turn need value bet with overpair, i think 1100 enough what he can call with TPTK, i am not think what he have straigh or two pair, he call flop and turn , with draw he fold i think or bad kicker he mb fold too , In turn when i bet and villain shove i fold , this hard desicion but look what we behind...

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for the way the hand played out:

Preflop: Slightly bigger raise would be better, but let's carry on.
Turn: I assume a straight draw just got there and fours will call here, could have a flush draw like 76 of hearts because they limped, or just hit the straight, so let's keep the pot a bit bigger and let him pay more for his draws..
River: Flush just missed, fours just got there. Huge possibility of that and if suited connectors are in the person's range, then I might just convince myself to check fold this.

As for my prediction, I would either say a low pair and a gutshot if a calling station on the turn, JTs and QJs, rivered two pairs or straights. I more think it's a pair and a gutshot though that could have rivered two pair. (Big hands like AJ, KK+ etc would have raised preflop). There's always the possibility of a set too. I would consider heavily a check fold here.

Let me now read that spoiler and see whether I was close or not!

Good read. I think the check open space to a bluff from the villain.

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is going for the check-raise "standard"?

lol I agree, I don't think it's std at all, I can see why he did it, or the argument behind it, but the std play here is to cbet, no?

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I would reraise them on flop because I would be worried that some of them might have J6, 43, 76 or 74 and in order to prevent them to get straight I would make them think that I hit hard...

You made initial mistake of not playing aggressive - in my opinion your competitor Fulek was slowplaying in order to build huge pot.. so he had at least one pair or better so correct play would be after he called you on pre-flop to raise at least by 1/2 or 3/4 of pot to make him fold..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't know what to make of this thread..

no need to get fancy here, just bet the flop small and get to a turn.

fwiw, i like the bet sizing on the turn and river, just not a huge fan of the check-raise without any reasoning.

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, like you didn't c-bet the board, so a check raise there is what most people would do trying to build a pot, especially in a $1 tournament. Slow plays are getting a bit too fancy. You are going to check raise the flop or turn and charge the draws, but with cards like the three of hearts on the turn, you are going to start doubting your hand a bit.

As for calling it standard, I really shouldn't have called it standard. I think I might have been referring to the bet sizing at the time.

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't know what to make of this thread..

no need to get fancy here, just bet the flop small and get to a turn.

fwiw, i like the bet sizing on the turn and river, just not a huge fan of the check-raise without any reasoning.

I feel the same. Value-betting in this small buyin events will yield you a lot more profit in the long-run vs trying to "play tricky".

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cbet flop ( bet turn and check call river) yes and you have to make it slightly bigger pre as deep as you both are and as you are OOP.

1947kings

1947kings

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi...I think u played pretty well...even the bet sizes looked appropriate...I would say that the villain played little loose while chasing flush draw and luckily hit 2 pairs...
good luck next time