$1 NLHE Deep Stacked: Right to check the river was aces on drawy board?

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1 NL HE Deep Stacked: Right to check the river was aces on drawy board?

Right to check the river WITH aces... lol

My read on MP2 is simple, hes a donk, but the BB is pretty solid.
I bet weakly every street because i wanted to keep the pot small since it was a very drawy board but my question is:

Was i right in checking the river?

Stacks:
* UTG+1 with 3000
* MP1 with 4195
* MP2 with 1655
* CO with 4060
* BTN with 1815
* SB with 2830
* BB with 2615
* UTG with 3230

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to CO:A♥ A♠
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 3 players fold.
* * MP2 calls [30]
* * Hero raises to 150
* * 2 players fold.
* * BB calls [120]
* * MP2 calls [120]
* * Total folds this street: 5
* * Potsize: 465
Flop:
* * 6♠ J♣ 10♣
* * BB checks
* * MP2 checks
* * Hero bets [210]
* * BB calls [210]
* * MP2 calls [210]
* * Potsize: 1095
Turn:
* * Q♠
* * BB checks
* * MP2 checks
* * Hero bets [400]
* * BB calls [400]
* * MP2 calls [400]
* * Potsize: 2295
River:
* * J♥
* * BB checks
* * MP2 checks
* * Hero checks
Results:

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Numbuh 0ne

Numbuh 0ne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A check there is fine i think, maybe a little bit conservative but a bet could have got you in trouble. If you bet the only good thing for you that really could have happened was 2 folds. You could have put them on Jacks then they got lucky or made there straight and slow played. They could have missed there flush but would have folded to a bet. All in all i think checking was the best way to stay out of trouble. You took down a 2200 chip pot without betting much so that was a very good hand.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont understand the weak bets. if you dont want to risk it just give free cards. if the draw hits you can get out cheap. even with a pot size bet if the next guy calls you dont deny the 3rd guy odds to draw. the 2nd guy can still call if he thinks he has implied odds if he hits. or even if he thinks there will be another call behind him. if this is early on and people are likely to chase i sometimes give a free card and bet harder on the turn if the turn doesnt complete a possible draw. IMO a massive over bet on the flop or check is the way to go. i dont really understand what the small bet does other than entice a draw to call with correct odds to do so. as far as checking the river. IDK if its right. i would do it. but there got to be many hands weaker hands hat call you here. i dont think there are any better hands you make fold. the thing i'm afraid of is getting bluffed off the best hand from a reraise. so i would say this is read dependant. but vbetting is not my strong point. i say check the river. but i guess that could set you up for a bluff from a missed draw. if you check the river i think you got to call a bet.

Last edited:
Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont understand the weak bets. if you dont want to risk it just give free cards.

Yea, i realize that i should have either checked or bet harder now. I guess I was scared that if i bet hard and the draws hit I would have to call a reraise on the river.