Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
$1
Currency
$
I am UTG and get AA, have a large stack, I raise 6BB ...perhaps not enough? well here is the whole story

and a few hands later a desperation move as I am very short stacked , flop 2 pair then...

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/125a4zM9M

I believe bet sizing is my problem??

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I am UTG and get AA, have a large stack, I raise 6BB ...perhaps not enough? well here is the whole story

and a few hands later a desperation move as I am very short stacked , flop 2 pair then...

Nothing to do with your bet sizing man ! In the low and micro stakes, people don't fold anything. I sometimes wonder if they have a folding button like I do !

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same here lately ive been getting AA utg and and mostly I bust with it, the fact that the position is UTG makes it so complicated and tricky to play, it values goes way down, even if you limp it just looks suspicious, how to possibly play this at best is maybe just raise 5bb to confuse the table just my take on it:9

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In general, you shouldn't 'reveal' your hand strength by bet sizes, i.e. you should never bet 6 BBs with AA but make a regular open based on your stack size.

Obviously there was a fish since he wasn't impressed by your opening and thought his 77 was good enough. 😅

Usually you should be happy to play your AA against 77 since you'll win 4 out of 5 hands but unfortunately not this one. 🙂

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Not in this spot you played it perfectly vs this V type-you go them to stack off exactly as you wanted- you just lost it happens
Do no try to get people to fold when you have AA preflop -if anything bet smaller 3 bb if it gets raises then others flat and then we can jam preflop.

NL is not about winning hands it is about ROI we do not sacrifice ROI to win the blinds with AA with large open sizings

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a 6x preflop raise with aces is too much because other players wont call your raise unless they have a very strong hand so its much better to just raise 3 or 4 bb preflop to induce other players to make the call or even a 3 bet like villain did. in this scenario since villain makes a 3 bet and he calls your shove this is irrelevant, however with your preflop size bet in many other circumstances many players wont be calling your bet with decent hands like kj, kq, or even a medium pair like 66 or 77, so for that reason i think your preflop raise with aces in utg should be lower.
in the second hand you have played well and you were unlucky to lose against a 1 outer... (the five of clubs would have given you a flush)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Staggered bet sizing, which mean raising much larger with strong hands against players, that we presume are inelastic, is an old school microstakes exploit, which Blackrain79 used to promote a lot. And if that was, what you were doing, then you got exactly, what you wanted, so well done. However looking at all the hands, you have shared over a long period of time, I suspect, that you more likely made some kind of emotional decision. In your last AA hand you 3-bet very small, presumably because you were scared to not get action. This time you did the exact opposite and raised very large, presumably because you were scared to GET action and suffer (yet another) bad beat.

The first step in becoming a long term winning player is to develop some default strategies including open sizings and 3-bet sizings, and then have the discipline to stick to those, no matter how you "feel" in the moment, or how the last hand, session or week has been going. Profit come from making solid good decision over and over again, and in a sense play almost like a robot, except in those spots, which are rare and complicated enough, that we need to stop and think about them.

The next step is to remove yourself completely from the short term results. You are extremely results oriented, but the distribution of good/bad luck is not something, we can control, and if you play enough, you will eventually overcome it. The correct way to think about a hand, where all the chips go in before the river, is, that once you have pressed the all-in button, the hand is over. What happens after this DOES NOT MATTER.

A good way to force yourself to be less results oriented is to play at least 4 tables at a time and have them stacked, so you only see one of them. In that way a new table will usually pop up, as soon as you have made your decision, and this force you to focus on the next decision, you are about to make, rather than what is going on in a hand, where you already made your decision.

Stacked tables are not an ideal way to play, because you will miss out on information, like even knowing who called you preflop or called your C-bet. So I dont recommend this as a permanent solution. But its an excellent way of training yourself to focus on decisions and nothing else. So maybe move down to $0,25 "on demands" and play at least 100 of those using stacked tables simply as a kind of mental training.

And yes we all get our aces cracked from time to time. This hand is the way, I exited todays 11$ "Big". But I am not bothered by such a hand at all. The hand played itself, and I wanted action with my AA. So I am very happy, someone behind made a long term losing call with KQo. This time they sucked out on me, but I am not bothered by that, because I know, its all just cold math, and in the long run I will win my fair share of hands like this one. And this is why, you dont see me post them here or in the "bad beat" section.