MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Bounty
AF
Currency
$
can someone help me with this hand?

I just played the final table of Bount Mystery at 888 Poker.

Now that the adrenaline has worn off, I think I should have gone all-in preflop, or folded.

Anyway, not this time!

***** Tournament Summary *****
Tournament ID: 233791089
Buy-In: $0.90 + $0.10
jasonbralli finished 8/1154

thanks to any help

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
For me this is an 4-bet all-in with so many players in the pot. If you are against AA,KK it's just unlucky. Well, the runout is just a cooler. Anyway, Good score!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, I definitely had 4-bet jammed AKs against BN 3-bet.

He might still have called with 99, so the outcome would have been the same.

Just an unlucky river. 😕

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Min-raising with a stack size around 20BB is completely fine and standard. But when you get 3-bet, you should 4-bet jam and try to drive the players in between out of the hand. Or alternatively force them to put in all the chips with a worse hand. But with that being said there is no way, the chip leader will ever fold 99, when you only start with 20BB. So this was just an unavoidable "flip", which unfortunately you lost. Most tournaments end like this, so the hand is really not all that special or important.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I have to say the same like @Andyreas - this was a very unlucky River and that happens sometimes on table - the player on button is committed since he reraised preflop and on flop he hits the 9 and play tight agressive, turn was your card but i have to say in many cases when 4-5players put in lot of chips the 2-3 who folds could have cards like A-Q or K-Js or maybe Jacks and this is the only thing that could give you the backflash on board, because his outs to hit the lower cards is not that bad if other players who wants to see flop are holding stronger hands. In your case its really hard to throw away because on turn you have the nuts so it´s a Bad Beat - 95-99% of all players holding your hand would go all in ;-)!
You have to take it easy man ...

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Can someone put this hand on an ICM calculator?

Because that was my question not to go all-in after the BTN 3bet.

I googled on Icmazer, but now it's paid.

Thanks to All Replys

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICMizer is only for preflop push-fold spots. To calculate your equity postflop you can use the free program Equilab. You were getting 4:1, so ignoring the players behind you needed 20% equity to make a break-even call in chip EV. You had 45% against a range of 99+, which seem fair, when he was the preflop 3-bettor. Even against his exact hand you had 25%, which was closer but still enough even factoring in ICM. So even if he had somehow shown you 99, this is still a call.

Just because a hand was your last in an MTT, does not mean, you should be looking for an excuse to not put in your chips. Sometimes its just your time to die in a tournament, and this was such a time. Finally you finished 8 out of 1154, which is a great result, since you outlasted more than 99% of the field. So focus on all the hands, that got you so far, rather than the one, where you busted due to an unavoidable spot :)

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ICMizer is for pre-flop push-fold situations only. To calculate your post-flop equity, you can use the free Equilab program. You were getting 4:1, so ignoring the players behind you needed 20% equity to make a balanced call on an EV chip. You had 45% against a 99+ range, which seems fair when he was the pre-flop 3-bettor. Even against his exact hand, you had 25%, which was closer but still enough, even considering the ICM. So even if he showed you 99 in some way, that's still a call.

Just because a hand was your last in an MTT doesn't mean you should look for an excuse not to put your chips down. Sometimes it's just your time to die in a tournament, and that was one of those moments. You finally finished on 8 of 1154, which is a great result, since you survived over 99% of the field. So focus on all the hands that got you here instead of the one where you were eliminated due to an unavoidable situation.:)
Thanks for the help!

It was exactly what I was looking for.

Knowing that, although it was an ICM situation, it wasn't a bad move.

I would like the result to be different, but unfortunately, after analyzing it in every way, I believe that any other action, the final result would be the same.

Thanks again mate!