$1.65 NLHE MTT Turbo: Final Table all-in pre Call or Fold ?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final Table of 300gtd turbo on ACR

6 players remain including myself.

I'm on button with pocket 99s with 14.39bb.
Next player to bust will earn $12.75.
Up top is $66.90

LJ 9.79bb folds
HJ shoves for 13.12bb
CO 3.95bb folds
I'm on btn with 14.39bb
SB is chip leader with 41bb.
BB has 9.18bb

This is an ICM fold isn't it?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah its a fold. ICMizer only has you calling with JJ+, AK and even AKo is so marginal, that folding the probably the better choise. With 4 stacks shorter than yours there is to much value in letting some of them bust first.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did something wrong

Yeah its a fold. ICMizer only has you calling with JJ+, AK and even AKo is so marginal, that folding the probably the better choise. With 4 stacks shorter than yours there is to much value in letting some of them bust first.

Thanks for the reply FD. I know you suggested Icmizer in the past so I did the free use deal, and oddly what it came up with for me was to push +0.96% ?
It has me re-shoving with 88+, A/Q & A/K off, and AJs+ .

What did I do wrong here? :)
https://www.icmpoker.com/icmizer/#KcOlig

BTW - I folded and ended up taking 3rd. Can't complain with stacks so short. Final hand I got it in respectable vs the big stack 77s vs his pocket duces - and he caught the wheel.

Attachments

• PushOrFold.JPG
    PushOrFold.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 15
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You entered the wrong payout structure by telling the program, it was a 6-max SnG, which typically pay 65/35 to the top two finishers and nothing to the rest of the field. You need to enter the actual payout structure or at least something, which is close enough to not significantly alter the results. I used an ACR 1.000 man, which is one of the standard choises.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You entered the wrong payout structure by telling the program, it was a 6-max SnG, which typically pay 65/35 to the top two finishers and nothing to the rest of the field. You need to enter the actual payout structure or at least something, which is close enough to not significantly alter the results. I used an ACR 1.000 man, which is one of the standard choises.

Oh yeah - alright, thanks a lot for the assistance. Yeah I could not figure out how to input the payout structure. I will fiddle with the program in the upcoming days. Thanks again.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
ICM is clear about the fold in this situation as Fundraiser showed, but considering the equity to be gained if someone (or more) gets knocked out, it should be an obvious fold with or without the help of ICM.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Final Table of 300gtd turbo on ACR

6 players remain including myself.

I'm on button with pocket 99s with 14.39bb.
Next player to bust will earn $12.75.
Up top is $66.90

LJ 9.79bb folds
HJ shoves for 13.12bb
CO 3.95bb folds
I'm on btn with 14.39bb
SB is chip leader with 41bb.
BB has 9.18bb

This is an ICM fold isn't it?

You can ICMizer the shZ*t out of this, but for me the fold comes down to this...

HJ shoves for 13.12bb

Beware of the 13 - 15 BB open shove. I have found (more times than not) without a specific read, these tend to be the higher end of player's hand ranges. Expect to see AK/AQ and LARGER pairs most often. ;)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beware of the 13 - 15 BB open shove. I have found (more times than not) without a specific read, these tend to be the higher end of player's hand ranges. Expect to see AK/AQ and LARGER pairs most often. ;)

If HJ has any idea, what he is doing, he will never enter a pot here in any other way than by open jamming. The reason is, the chip leader is still left to act behind, and if HJ comes in for a small raise, the chip leader can profitably rejam extremely wide, because he is applying so much ICM-pressure.

And obviously as HJ we dont want to put in 15-20% of our stack only to fold to a rejam, and we also dont want to be forced to call off the chip leader and risk busting before the short stacks. Now granted this is under the assumption, that both HJ and SB know, what they are doing, which in a 1,65$ MTT might not be the case ;)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If HJ has any idea, what he is doing, he will never enter a pot here in any other way than by open jamming. The reason is, the chip leader is still left to act behind, and if HJ comes in for a small raise, the chip leader can profitably rejam extremely wide, because he is applying so much ICM-pressure.

And obviously as HJ we dont want to put in 15-20% of our stack only to fold to a rejam, and we also dont want to be forced to call off the chip leader and risk busting before the short stacks. Now granted this is under the assumption, that both HJ and SB know, what they are doing, which in a 1,65$ MTT might not be the case ;)

Yes, this is correct and I would not expect HJ to do anything other than push/fold, which highlights my point about 13BB. :)

This is why I suspect that HJ to fold a lot and only jam good hands.

Unless there is a read of HJ opening often, this again is an obvious fold given stack sizes. ;)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FUC% ICM I mean #@$^&^ ICM
Are you willing to bet half your stack on a flip? most likely you will be the only caller
and if you get rejammed on by the sb and(most likely) end up calling.
Then the sb chipleader is gonna knock out both of you at the same time putting you in 5th anyways.

When others are using this ICM formula they tighten up drastically.
So the HJ's range is definitley tighter as well if he understands and uses ICM
putting you even further behind in equity

I wouldn't worry too much about the players behind you in this situation
just if you are ready to flip for your life against the HJ's range with a pair of 9's
if you can't wait/find a better spot than that.......... than take it
this is a MTT not a cash game

gl on the tables

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FUC% ICM I mean #@$^&^ ICM
Are you willing to bet half your stack on a flip? most likely you will be the only caller
and if you get rejammed on by the sb and(most likely) end up calling.
Then the sb chipleader is gonna knock out both of you at the same time putting you in 5th anyways.

When others are using this ICM formula they tighten up drastically.
So the HJ's range is definitley tighter as well if he understands and uses ICM
putting you even further behind in equity

I wouldn't worry too much about the players behind you in this situation
just if you are ready to flip for your life against the HJ's range with a pair of 9's
if you can't wait/find a better spot than that.......... than take it
this is a MTT not a cash game

gl on the tables

I appreciate this analysis. :)

Folding in Poker