$1.50 NLHE STT: Should I have expected this?

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just doing my regular daily tournaments, getting the grind on, until this hand came up:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/8072830_B257ABF8E9

At first it seemed like a nice opportunity to set a trap, but then...

My question is - did I do anything wrong, in terms of my play? And could / would have you laid the hand down?

Thanks for any feedback!
Cheers!

P.S. As I was playing through the hand, the view of it instantly reminded me of the beginning of Rounders :D

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Liked it, you played the hand well.

If anything I'd do different in it, I wouldn't have bet so much on turn (I mean what are you trying to fold out with that bet size)?

I'd have bet like 75-99 (On turn), rather than 125 (Because if the person), wasn't chasing that specific draw and only that hand, they really would have been priced out, and that's not what you want to do

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it, too, even the bet on the turn, expecting villain with TP/2P/FD to follow. You needed him to catch up, which is why the flop check was perfect. Unfortunately, the river blew you with the SF and there is just nothing you could have done about it.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you ever think about laying down a hand like this again i'll slap you. lol.

preflop call is ok if we plan on taking down pots postflop with stab bets, if we're playing fit or fold, then it's not such a great call.

postflop the hand is played fine.

M

mariocep

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was very well played, unfortunately it was not for you, but I check seemed good, and good raise. I do not think this move is a fish, just play it to play with a devastating turn

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I Liked it, you played the hand well.

If anything I'd do different in it, I wouldn't have bet so much on turn (I mean what are you hoping will call with that bet size)?

I'd have bet like 75-99 (On turn), rather than 125 (Because if the person), wasn't chasing that specific draw and only that hand, they really would have been priced out, and that's not what you want to do
fyp

OP, not sure if serious about questions in this thread?
looks more like a cooler/badbeat to me.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand seems to be played fine, obviously never ever folding. Given villain is limping and his stack size I'd consider raising the limp pre though and isolate him taking pot heads up and be happy stacking off pre if he did something stupid like limp/shove.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you always lose many if play passive when OOP, in preflop raise 200 or in STT you can easy shove 20bb, this be profitable, but when you only call you have bad equity vs 2 villain with A9o,,,

T

taas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should bet pre-flop around 3 or 4 BB's and bet in flop.

B

byrnsiey330

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What crappy luck. It was almost perfect because you could assume your oppenent was drawing to a flush or a draw, not a royal flush...if they would have hit either a flush or a straight you would have taken their whole stack. You played the hand very well, just dumb luck

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, straight flushes are pretty darned rare and you beat every single other hand....so....you played it fine.

depending on my reads and image I may have raised to about 3.5 or 4bb preflop. but sometimes I just limp along with a suited ace in the SB or BB.

other than that, I would have played it the same.