$1.50 NLHE STT: Loose table, JJ preflop early in sng

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was in late position, 2 from the btn with JJ, They pot wasnt opened but had 1 limper behind me.

Blinds are 400/200
I 4 bet to 1600, guy to my left reraises to 5400. Folds around back to me.
I had seen him reraise a hand previously with KJo. A raise to the same amount, Its early in the tourney and I dont have any other read than he is most likely over valuing his hands.

Anyway, I get a hunch and reraise all in he calls with AJo. 69%-30% in my favour. I think we all know who won this though :(

Did I make the right play?

I 'was' at a very fishy table.

Hand I was in previously was ajs on the button called a raise preflop (3bet) one other caller before me

flop 2 4 T rainbow, Preflop raiser checks, woman bets pot, I fold guy who checked goes all in she calls, he had a6o she had a9o
So this kinda influenced my decision, but Im not sure if it should have.

Last edited:
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much chips did you have, I tried looking for it but again I didn't see.

Personally, I don't like the 3xRaise size preflop and I really don't like 4x and so forth but have seen it done many times, with that said, it really comes down to you. JJ is a good hand to get it in with pre, and If you had less than 10 BB's left you can't really blame the AJ player now can you? Your raise looks like 7s-As+A9s+ So If your opponent thinks there's a decent chance you have less than JJ and if you're less than 10bb's what wrong with his play?

Again just unlucky and start another one and hope you run better in the new game

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop push i think more better , than 4x bet, because if we get call and shove villain in flop, when 1-2 overcards, will be a difficult situation. 4x bet this bad line. In this situation, when we have a position, there will always be such difficult decision. Yes SB look like squeeze , and with JJ this good call, i think he was wide range..

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to copy and paste the hand history. you can save it usually on your desktop and retrieve it later.

It's really hard to answer any question without stack sizes and as much info as possible. The more info you include, the more accurate the answers are.

in this hand, i'd say it's probably either a shove pre flop, or raise smaller to induce. Jacks are great, but not really inducing hands in most situations. after you raise, it's likely for a huge % of your stack, so even before he shoves, we should know what we want to do.

Also, try to look for hands where at the time you were not sure, but ended up winning. Winning hands often get overlooked and are often full of mistakes.

in the future, try to get full HH (hand histories) to post in here, it just makes everyones lives easier when trying to help you.

playtheman

playtheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to copy and paste the hand history. you can save it usually on your desktop and retrieve it later.

It's really hard to answer any question without stack sizes and as much info as possible. The more info you include, the more accurate the answers are.

in this hand, i'd say it's probably either a shove pre flop, or raise smaller to induce. Jacks are great, but not really inducing hands in most situations. after you raise, it's likely for a huge % of your stack, so even before he shoves, we should know what we want to do.

Also, try to look for hands where at the time you were not sure, but ended up winning. Winning hands often get overlooked and are often full of mistakes.

in the future, try to get full HH (hand histories) to post in here, it just makes everyones lives easier when trying to help you.

Great post, Ill try better next time.
So in my position if Im not shortstacked, I should only be 3/2.5 betting? and if I am I should just be shoving straight off?

Ill try and find the hand in my files.

Thanks for the nice replies peeps!

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To assess your play, you have to consider what you thought the range was for his 3bet and how wide he'd call your shove, not just his actual hand.

Also, tournament considerations can matter, especially when decisions are close. So without knowing more about the overall situation, it's hard to say what else if anything you might have wanted to consider.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you had around 15BB and were on the HJ position. So I prefer to push all in here instead of raise 4BB and remain 11BB to play the flop.

Post the hand history here. It is better for us to evaluate your hand through the hand history. You can try to post the hand on the weaktight site.

Good Luck.