$1.50 NLHE STT: I thought this was a must fold. Was it?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Early-Middle stage of a 9man S&G. The V here is not very good. My Flop raise to his minbet gets called so he probably has a T or a 9 here and maybe one heart. He minbets again on the Turn and I think that's an easy call with my draw. K of hearts is basically the worst card for me and I fold to his shove. He would have gotten a call from me if he made a normal bet so maybe he bluffed the River and outplayed me. I wasn't going to take the risk. What do you think?

NL Holdem $1.50+$0.15 (50.00BB)
HJ
CO ($2220)
HERO ($2142)
SB ($1812)
BB ($4196)
UTG ($3920)

Dealt to Hero: Q J

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, CO Calls $50, HERO Raises To $155, SB Folds, BB Folds, CO Calls $100

Hero SPR on Flop: [4.91 effective]
Flop ($405): T 2 9
CO Bets $50 (Rem. Stack: $2015), HERO Raises To $303 (Rem. Stack: $1684), CO Calls $253 (Rem. Stack: $1762)

Turn ($1011): T 2 9 A
CO Bets $50 (Rem. Stack: $1712), HERO Calls $50 (Rem. Stack: $1634)

River ($1111): T 2 9 A K
CO Bets $1712 (allin), HERO Folds

CO wins: $1111

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would go a little bigger like 4BB with a limper in the pot.

Flop
Totally on board with raising his silly min-donk. Usually that line is a weak hand testing the waters, so why not give him the "information", he wants, so that he can fold. And if he call, you have loads of equity with your draw and two overs.

Turn
He does his silly min-bet again on the turn, but even though Ah could be a scary card to him, I dont think, its a great barrel card, when you dont have a heart in your hand. Some of your outs are very much tainted now, there is only one card to come, and worst case you are drawing dead already, if he has a made flush. So I am totally on board with just putting in the 50 chips and seeing a cheap river. Obviously never folding any hand getting 20:1.

River
It sucks to make a straigth and then face this action, but I think, its a fairly trivial fold. An opponent like this is typically not creative enough to overbet the river as a bluff. He bet small, when he is weak and large, when he is strong, and its typically very face up and easy to play against.

Folding in Poker