$1.50 NLHE STT: $$1.50 NLHE STT: shove with middle pair and flush draw??

S

Salmon5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 max sit n go

4 handed

blinds 50/100

utg folds

hero button raises 200 with 5 6 clubs (2300 chips)

sb folds

bb raises 400 (1800 chips)

button calls

flop comes Qc 6h 3c

bb checks

button bets half pot

bb raises

button shoves

bb calls with a set of queens

no club on turn/ river

hero left short stacked

comments appreciated

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly would have folded that preflop 56s is almost complete crap imo but post flop I think you should have folded after he sjpws any sign of a hand since he did show strength preflop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really mind the preflop raise, although short handed the value of suited connectors goes down and the value of high cards goes up....but also 56s is playabe and you can't be folding your button a lot 4 handed.

I think the only way you get away from this hand is folding to his preflop reraise. That would be dependent on your player read, but usually if I get min raised in this spot with a playable hand, I'm calling because I'll have position and pot odds.

Once that flop comes, you can't really ever fold. there aren't many better flops for 56suited. Let's not short change your hand, you also have a runner runner gutshot draw! ;) it's just really bad luck he has a set.

Let's pretend, instead he has a top pair hand like AQ. You're a slight favorite with your 9club outs, 3 other 5's, 2 other 6's, and we'll call it like a quarter of an out for your runner runner straight.... so like 14.25 outs on the flop is a never fold situation unless you have a dead read....even then reads can be wrong.

The only other thing you could have done differently to save you some chips is checked behind on the flop, taking your free card, then maybe you can get away from the hand on the turn. I probably would have bet the flop, too though.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without any special reads on the villain I think we can just fold this as soon as they repop us preflop. Our plan was to steal the blinds, we're not going to get to do that now, just fold and move on to the next hand.

S

Salmon5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the comments, the min raise didn't scream monster at all... I guess he slow played it well enough to get all my chips...

DevilMe03

DevilMe03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you could fold prefop to the raise here. Even though you have position 56s is not a hand that plays well shorthanded with such stack sizes. If you were deep enough i would have call the raise but in this situation value of 200 chips is very high and you are hoping to get lucky. Postflop i think you were correct in your play.

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't just fold here to a preflop min 3bet from the blinds. It's definitely not a good spot for your small suited connectors, but folding to a minraise like this looks very weak, and your opponents could start running over you if you do that frequently. So it's ok to call preflop, while getting good pot odds and keeping a tough and solid image at the same time. What I dont really like about this hand is opening 56s in this spot. With no antes involved, I think stealing blinds is not worth the risk yet. So just fold preflop.
Standard postflop play though.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should start posting with HH. The feedback you receive will be much better.

S

Salmon5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will look to start doing that, thanks

Full Flush Poker