$1.50 NLHE MTT: TPGK good kicker on a paired board facing shove on river

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No reads on villian, tournament only a few hands in.

In reality I should of raised the flop but with still people to act and so on I though if I get shoved on I have to fold.

Then when the board turns an Ace I have this "feeling" someone might hold A,x and have two pair but have to raise it and just get flatted under the assumption he has a diamond flush draw or a weak ace.

However, once the board pairs and no draw I'm unsure if we can call of here because can he really just "call" a flush draw here on the turn and just shove the river when no diamond hits and rep a 6? I'm unsure here, whats teh best course of action, call it off and expect to see a busted flush draw or weak ace?

I just don't think he can be bluffing here enough because I do raise the turn he must put me on an ace unless he some sicko trying to think I raised a flush draw myself..meh I dunno.

I folded by the way....so won't ever know what happend but wonder if this was a bad fold? I understand I played the hand quite bad Preflop and post flop.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1500)
SB (t1500)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
Hero (MP2) (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J
spade.gif
, A
spade.gif

3 folds, Hero bets t60, 1 fold, CO calls t60, 1 fold, SB calls t50, BB calls t40

Flop: (t240) 6
club.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(4 players)
SB bets t20, BB calls t20, Hero calls t20, CO calls t20

Turn: (t320) A
diamond.gif
(4 players)
SB checks, BB bets t100, Hero raises to t516, 2 folds, BB calls t416

River: (t1352) 5
club.gif
(2 players)
BB bets t904 (All-In), Hero ??

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd be treating this stupid lead out as a check. So what would you normally do in this spot if you were checked too on the flop?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree that the min-lead on the flop was stupid. I'm OK with calling there, treating it effectively as checking behind - I don't like our chances of being able to steal it from three opponents, and it's not a particularly big pot at this stage so we don't gain a whole lot even if we were successful in stealing it.

Once the turn hits us I'm happy to assume we have the best hand. While 6x could be in our villain's range, so are plenty of Ax hands that we beat. Plus leading there doesn't really fit the typical "ZOMGZ huge hand I have to slowplay it" micro player mindset.

I probably just call the turn for pot control (also to disguise our hand, but mostly for pot control) and plan to do the same again on the river figuring this is often Ax or something else marginal that we beat.

As played villain's turn call throws me... it's kind of a weird line, I guess I can see it fitting 6x but it could still be Ax or some other weird stuff besides too. If villain is good he probably reads your turn raise pretty accurately so a bluff hoping to push you off Ax is possible too, but we just don't know if we can give him credit for that or not. I probably call hoping to see Ax or worse at least half the time.