T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD 2 Poker Tracking Software

Pretty standard open here with KJ here and this is an awesome flop, obviously. I checked thru the Turn and got some value on the River but should I betting the Turn as well? There is not much on the board here for anyone but me or AK KQ but those are probably not possibilities after all this checking. I wasn't sure about V holding a pair. Would he have called with his hand on the Turn and River? He might have called on the Flop since my hand was pretty under-repped but BB probably would have folded so I did get extra value from him by waiting until the river when he hits a pair.

These situations confuse me.

Thanks!

NL Holdem $1.50+$0.15 (180.00BB)
BTN ($9236)
SB ($5749)
BB ($9149)
UTG ($12588)
EP ($9215)
HERO ($11249)
HJ ($9246)

Dealt to Hero: J K

UTG Folds, EP Folds, HERO Raises To $473, HJ Calls $450, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Calls $270

Hero SPR on Flop: [5.34 effective]
Flop ($1624): K 3 K
BB Checks, HERO Checks, HJ Checks

Turn ($1624): K 3 K 3
BB Checks, HERO Checks, HJ Checks

River ($1624): K 3 K 3 4
BB Checks, HERO Bets $487 (Rem. Stack: $10289), HJ Calls $487 (Rem. Stack: $8286), BB Calls $487 (Rem. Stack: $8189)

BB shows: 5 4
HJ shows: 9 9

HERO wins: $3085

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since we got two callers to our raise pre flop I think you can go ahead and bet the flop here for a few reasons. One is villains may believe that "he is never betting with a K here" and therefore will put you on a "normal" c bet and call with any pairs they may have and flush draws. I would bet something smallish like 40-45% of pot. I dont hate checking as you did there but with two callers to our raise I am going to think that one of them could easily have something so you can try to build the pot there.

The turn would depend on what I did on the flop. If I bet the flop I would check the turn hoping to make my flop bet look like a c bet that was just taking a stab. If I checked the flop then I would bet the turn targeting Ax hands that could think they are chopping. Sizing would be in that 40% of pot range if betting.

River as played your bet should be a little larger but you have the right idea. We want calls from Ax there or any hand like 55-77 so I would go more like 650 compared to your 487 but you do want to go smaller there. I doubt anyone has Kx or 3x so betting large is just going to get folds. We want to draw in the Ax crowd here to see if they will call it off.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands